Samsung Tab 3 7.0 battery drains so fast

bhan_u

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I am facing issues with my new Tab3 7.0, 2 months old.
Within 10 mins, battery is going to 7% from 100% without any applications running.
Any help tips are welcome !

Thanks,
Bhanu

Last edited by a moderator:

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
If your battery is really losing 93% in 10 minutes then it has to be a bad battery and/or hardware problem I would imagine. Any chance that it is just a false reading?

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Bhan you need warranty service, your battery is fused off due to a manufacturing defect or third party charger damage. The most common cause of the latter is the mini 12v to USB adapters. I've seen new-ish laptops so the same thing, sometimes they smoothly drain fast but more often there is a "jump" where more than 60% of estimated power just disappears in an instant. How quickly does it seem to take a charge once it reads as depleted?

Also does any part of the tablet get hot. Because a true discharge rate of that level would indicate VERY HIGH RISK OF EXPLOSION. You need this thing diagnosed and fixed or replaced immediately.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Bhan you need warranty service, your battery is fused off due to a manufacturing defect or third party charger damage. The most common cause of the latter is the mini 12v to USB adapters. I've seen new-ish laptops so the same thing, sometimes they smoothly drain fast but more often there is a "jump" where more than 60% of estimated power just disappears in an instant. How quickly does it seem to take a charge once it reads as depleted?

Also does any part of the tablet get hot. Because a true discharge rate of that level would indicate VERY HIGH RISK OF EXPLOSION. You need this thing diagnosed and fixed or replaced immediately.

Relgoshan, On a side note I have seen a lot of your posts and you seem to be very knowledgeable about android and smart devices in general, you are a great asset to the site.

Julie Humphries

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
My Dad is having this exact same problem, he's only had the tab a few months. I'm just wondering if you managed to resolve the problem and do you have any advice? It drains crazy fast, jumps from 100 % to 50% in a minute or two, I'm assuming it's a fault with the battery.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc