Video playback, green screen, still plays audio

alimartin888

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Been trying to google this question with no luck......im an avid torrent user, so often download new release movies.

When I play them in video player I am getting a green screen, but still getting audio?

Anyone have an answer?

On older machines I am getting people say download adobe flash 10, but no longer can now.

Is it flash related?

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/entertainment/324857-what-media-player-best.html

While I cannot say I endorse your activities I can sympathize that not all content is available in all markets. You are near definitely running into the Hi10p issue. Without getting real technical you need a player with a software based video decoder, such as MX Player.

Further details, for increased color and lighting quality they are going from simple h.264 8-bit profiles to the more CPU draining 10-bit. This goes all the way up to 14-bit sampling which is still rare. Specs now ranging from 4:2:0, 4:2:2, 4:4:4 (Hi444p). Top reasons are it improves color contrast in high bit rate live action, reduces banding in lower bit rate animation, and it reduces picture damage/artifacts when scaling from 8-bit color 30GB Blurays down to 2GB movie torrents. Most devices on the market do not have a chip that is capable of the more advanced math, so your poor CPU needs to do all the work. Battery life will suffer.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
thankyou for your reply i will try downloading mx player and see how that gets on.

kind regards
Ali

Best of luck in this. I think the Handbrake program for the computer should also work to translate video to play in Video Player on your tablet. You want to tell it "High Profile" preset, rescale to 720p and maybe raise a setting called CQ about 3 points to save storage space. Audio can be set to passthru normally, and you can mix in subtitles too. The reward for this should be even smaller files and they will play in the more battery efficient Video Player quite smoothly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21