how do I "hotspot" ??

pammy37

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I believe there is a way I can pair my tab3 10.1 to my galaxy mobile phone so i can use the internet when i am away from my usual wifi connection/s.
I have googled this,,,but nobody speaks in a language I can understand, as to how I can do this...
Can somebody please help me....

(I dont speak techy language...lol)
Regards to all
Pam R

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I believe there is a way I can pair my tab3 10.1 to my galaxy mobile phone so i can use the internet when i am away from my usual wifi connection/s.

Indeed, you can, pammy. And it's usually a very simple procedure. But the exact m.o. for your tablet may depend on what version of Android your tab3 10.1 runs on and what phone, exactly, and what Android version for that, you plan to use as the hotspot. Can you please tell us?

CAVEAT: when you use a phone as a mobile hotspot then the connection to the internet will always be via mobile networks. Even if you are in a WiFi hotspot yourself (like at home or at work) that your phone always locks onto automatically. Connections via mobile networks are the slowest, and the most expensive at the same time. OTOH they are mobile.

pammy37

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks heaps VSweety..
On the basis of what you are saying I might give it a miss...
I know my mobile phone has only a couple of gig data capacity..
so i think the cost would be a bit out of my reach.
So maybe I will wait till I won the lottery to make an attempt..lol
Thanks so much
Pam R