TAB 3 8.0 wifi disconnects/reconnects constantly

ocostich

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I recently bought this tablet because I wanted a tablet with aptX Bluetooth, and it does sound better streaming music to aptX enabled devices. BUT it constantly disconnects and reconnects the wifi. While it is doing this the music stream is interrupted.

If I watch the list of "found" wifi sources on the wifi setting page, it constantly changes, adding and removing wifi sources (lots of neighbors have wifi apparently). While it is scanning and adding/deleting these other wifi sources it disconnects from MY router, then reconnects.

I have two other tablets and two Android phones at home, and none of them have this issue, but none of them have aptX Bluetooth. Google shows I am not alone in this but I didn't see any solution. In the advanced wifi setting there is no option for "scanning always available".

Is there a solution?

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Would it be possible to 'ignore' all your neighbours networks in case it is trying to connect to one of them. My tab 3.8 scans all local networks, of which there are many, but never loses my connection.

Posted via Android Central App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
If you are getting a lot of crosstalk from other routers you may need to change your wifi channel to clear this up. Your router should have 12-16 available channels if single band 2.4GHz, and most have an option to scan and choose a new channel with less interference. This should not require changing any setting on your connected devices, they will connect to the same name with the same password on the new channel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad