Galaxy Tab 3: KitKat update?

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
When Samsung first announced Android Kitkat 4.4 for their devices, I saw the Galaxy Tab listed among the devices. Anyone have any info as to whether this is going to roll out soon? I'm specifically talking about the Galaxy Tab 3, 7"

Last edited by a moderator:

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: KitKat update?

When Samsung first announced Android Kitkat 4.4 for their devices, I saw the Galaxy Tab listed among the devices. Anyone have any info as to whether this is going to roll out soon? I'm specifically talking about the Galaxy Tab 3, 7"

My hope is "they need to wait until most kitkat problems are fixed". And not before that or I refuse to update.

ldn_droid

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Iv been searching the answer for some time now. Very frustrating that no one knows. Would be great if Samsung could manage to give a rough estimate and end speculation. Iv avoid forums for years because answers rarely get fully answered and qeustions gets move by moderators and deleted. Maybe these moderators should start cleaning up these forums and delete old post that get no concrete answers or solutions. The intetnet is a great tool for educataion and would be great to improve it for people like me and others who want to learn and know more, not just full of smug people who think they know it all and talk down to people who try to improve their knowledge. Sorry for the rant might not make sense, might not be spelt right or grammer correct but it bugs me.

Posted via Android Central App

kbot1226

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Well first disappointment is you can no longer hide apps with the stock launcher, that was my favorite way to hide all the Samsung junk from the kiddos.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well first disappointment is you can no longer hide apps with the stock launcher, that was my favorite way to hide all the Samsung junk from the kiddos.
FWIW, on my Verizon Galaxy S4 which is running 4.4.2, I'm able to "Turn Off" bloatware. After a bloatware app is turned off (Settings>More>Application Manager, then select the app and Turn Off), those apps are now longer shown in the App Drawer. In Settings, Application Manager even presents a separate category named Turned Off (scroll all the way to the right).

stonemadman#AC

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find any info on the update for the 10.1... Seriously, its almost like Samsung is going to leave this tablet in the dust now that they have the Tab 4 series out and everything.

Edit: Just chatted with Samsung support and they are clueless to the update release date. Of course.

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I also have the GT3 7" with Sprint, updated to 4.4.2 a few days ago and am able to turn off plenty of apps, including Samsung apps.

Sent From Inside The Time Vortex With My Galaxy Tab 3

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully we get one more update after KitKat!!! I think they aren't releasing the update for the other WiFi and AT&tT because they didn't have 4.4.2 ready for them and only had it ready for the Sprint model only, I think they are working on 4.4.4 for the WiFi and AT&T model right now but they need to hurry up!!! But Hopefully we get the "L" release too!! Here's to hoping!!

Last edited:

kgragert

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I almost didn't upgrade for the same reasons, then found out it was possible to have full use of the SDcard.
If you root your tab, there is an app on google play that restores the full use of the SD card.
I'm running 4.4.2 on my Tab 3 8.0 with no SD card issues.

kgragert

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't plan to take the update because of the issues with not saving to the SD Card.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

I almost didn't upgrade for the same reasons, then found out it was possible to have full use of the SDcard.
If you root your tab, there is an app on google play that restores the full use of the SD card.
I'm running 4.4.2 on my Tab 3 8.0 with no SD card issues

kgragert

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

****UPDATE****
My apologies, I updated my Galaxy S3 and Tab 3 8.0 the same day.
The S3 still lets you hide apps in the app drawer. The Tab 3 8.0 doesn't. Sorry

On my Tab 3 8.0 you can still hide apps in the app drawer, it works the same way it did before the upgrade.
Open app drawer> open menu> select hide apps> tap the apps you want to hide
I downloaded and installed the French release, but I don't think it would be any different on the US release.

Last edited:

ffodessip

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Have a Tab 3 8.0, post Kitkat upgrade I have lost any kind of volume on the video player (and additional player) battery life is rubbish but, most of all, I have lost GPS connectivity...... Believe 'location' tab is the new way but then you commit to it telling the world and his wife where you are, besides the point it just does not work.

In addition .avi video 'staggers', it consistently keeps reloading dross that only pre-puberty and brain dead LCD addicts, without a life, would consider using. It keep wanting me to take the NY Times, why I'm a Brit and have little use for that or Blomburg, I don't want games, chat or any of the other rubbish overloading the memory, but I can't erase it, it keeps coming back.

This upgrade (is it?) has taken a good piece of equipment and wrecked it, fought off Apple Ipads for years but??????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz