Problem with SD Card

brandeemichele

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
So I just got my new Galaxy Tab 3 and my 32GB micro sd card. I really wanted this tablet for books/pdfs. So I plug my tab into the computer and go to drag and drop the files onto my sd card. It shows me the mini transfer window, but the bar isn't moving, and no file names are being shown. I tried to access the sd card on the tab itself, and there isn't anything on it. I've reformatted it via my computer and via the tab, but nothing seems to get it to work.
I get the error message "Cannot copy 'Book'
This device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected"
Which it hasn't been.

And before anyone asks, the biggest file I have is 81MB

Is there an easy way to fix this that I'm not currently aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Can you insert the card into your PC? I know it sounds like more of a hassle, but right now the cord and the device are acting as middlemen, slowing down the data transfer rate.

brandeemichele

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes.
I put the micro sd card into the adapter and plugged it into my laptop. It said it was write-protected. So I ejected the card and looked for the little switch. It says "lock ^" but there isn't a switch.
I then read up on how you can use the command prompt to un-protect it, which didn't work. Then I tried the regedit, and that too didn't work.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes.
I put the micro sd card into the adapter and plugged it into my laptop. It said it was write-protected. So I ejected the card and looked for the little switch. It says "lock ^" but there isn't a switch.
I then read up on how you can use the command prompt to un-protect it, which didn't work. Then I tried the regedit, and that too didn't work.

Is there a switch on the SD card adapter?

DanPackMan

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks.

I thought I'd share my experience with my Lexar Class 10 32G micro-sd on my Tab 3 8". This seems like as as good a place as any. Seems several of the "Galaxy" products have SD card issues.

After initially installing the card in the tablet, I noticed significant battery drain. The tablet was new so I didn't really attribute it to the card at the time. I have mostly movies and documents loaded on it. I also installed a GPS navigation app and downloaded several 1gb maps to the card. It was soon after that when trouble arrived.

Card got corrupted somehow (while on vacation of course), and the tablet wouldn't recognize it. Same when I tried it on my PC, no card recognized. I assumed it was fried, but using a software tool called "Mini Tool Partition Wizard" I deleted all partitions, and reformatted. But the card still was not acting right, very slow. I did another format, this time a "full" or "deep" format instead of a quick format to FAT32, and the card became fully functional again. Loaded up movies and stuff, stuck it back in the TAB 3, and its been working well with no noticeable battery drain.

So, I'd probably suggest to anyone with a new card to do a deep or full format before using. Time will tell if mine gets fried again, but it seems a lot better now. Of course, I've done a lot of battery drain tweaking as well, so it there could be another process involved that was part of the solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy