My Samsung Tab SM-T310's WiFi wont work though it says it's connected!

M_Kirkland

May 7, 2014
Visit site
we have had our samsung tab for just under a year now and it's worked flawlessly until a few days ago..

at first, our problem was that the tab wouldn't charge or turn on, we couldn't figure out what happened to the tablet at all. so a few days later, we tried it again and the tablet turned on although it was at 0% charge.. we can only assume that an app caused a major lockup and draining the battery reset something. all the apps and everything seems to work fine at the moment.. except that now, the tablet is not getting any internet access what so ever on our home WIFI. on the home screen, the wifi icon shows full bars, but in the settings>WiFi portion, it says it's connected yet there is a padlock icon on the Wifi Image.

i've done everything i can think of, we reset the router, forgot the network then connected again manually, and reset the tablet... i even went as far as to shut off all the electricity in the house for a few minutes through our power box, hoping that something in the house would reset in the event that it's not the tablet

my Galaxy S3 phone is sitting right beside me on the exact same network and has full internet access so i have no idea what's going on.

since we can't find our recipt for the warranty im hoping a solution can be found here so we don't have to waste money on a new one.

M_Kirkland

May 7, 2014
Visit site
update: i skimmed through this thread
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...tab-3-8-0-connected-wifi-but-no-internet.html

and someone mentioned a wierd date and time fix... mine said it was 2012 for some reason and as soon as i brought it back to the appropriate date i suddenly got WiFi...

someone really needs to explain why this is a thing because that's beyond wierd.. not to mention how wildly fustrating it's been having spent 2 days trying to fix the problem when it's such a goddamn simple solution.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith