Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Netflix problem

r1moose

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Curiosity got the better of me. I rooted my tab and installed CyanogenMod kitkat, and Netflix is sweet again. The whole thing is more snappy to be honest.

thegreatswalmi

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
spoke with netflix customer support...they say they're aware fo the problem and working with samsung to fix...no eta for the fix (no surprise there, but at least they're aware!)

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Glad it's not just me. I'm having the same trouble on my tab 8 under the new kit kat. (I've found exactly zero advantages and numerous problems with the "upgrade" to kit kat on this machine).

Edit to add: Even this site is now extremely frustrating under kit kat. Very slow, ads jumping in front of other controls or the edit view such that one accidentally presses on an ad link when aiming for an insertion point in the text, etc.

Rooting is looking more and more attractive.

r1moose

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I've put cyangenmod on there and haven't looked back. Not perfect, granted, but definitely smoother and works better. Downside... no Sky Go on rooted devices. BBC iplayer is a bit sketchy, but I didn't really test that before, but they have acknowledged they have issues with KK 4.4.x

Deena Foley

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this problem on my Tab 3.8 not just with Netflix, but with Xfinity togo & other video apps. It is frustrating not being able to pause or rewind without tapping the screen like a crazy person hoping to catch the menu.. Usually I have to resort to using the back button and restarting the video. I am starting to stink the problem lies with the tablet and the operating system since this happens in multiple video apps

mattsteuer

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this problem on my Tab 3.8 not just with Netflix, but with Xfinity togo & other video apps. It is frustrating not being able to pause or rewind without tapping the screen like a crazy person hoping to catch the menu.. Usually I have to resort to using the back button and restarting the video. I am starting to stink the problem lies with the tablet and the operating system since this happens in multiple video apps

mattsteuer

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I noticed if you use google chrome cast from tablet no issues. Problem is on the road same problem. Positive now my kids cant stop their shows now on the tablet..

DanPackMan

May 4, 2014
Visit site

I have seen this on XBMC app on my 3 8 as well, the sidebar menu will not stay in focus in certain places.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So when i open netflix click on a movie to watch my play bar will go on and off when you touch the screen but like 5 secs after. It will hide then when I go to try get the bar to go up like if you wanted pause it will pop up within like a milisec will disappear. It is like something is blocking it how it goes down so fast after touching the screen. If anyone has any info on this lemme know couldnt find much on this at all cant pause screen. Thank you

I just got an update today on my sprint tab 3 7 to address a netflix issue of this sort.

"Netflix unable to access menu while in a movie"

xouttacontrolx

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
So i just did a galaxtab3 8.0 update and it FIXED THE VIDEO ISSUE ABOUT FREAKING TIME. So i would look for the update if u havent alrdy GL to every. Thank you everyone feel like this post made them address the issue. :DDDD

DanPackMan

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Just saw the update. It specifically mentions that it addresses the Netflix issue. Installed, and I can also confirm the problem is resolved.

Last edited:

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
SM-310
Android version: 4.4.2
Kernel version: 3.0.31-1984358
Build: KOT49H.T310UEUCNH1

BTW, I got the update OTA after getting a notification from my device. Since updates are staged by region, sounds like it just hasn't got to your neighborhood yet.

gjsemlow

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I also just recently got a Tab 3 8.0 and ran into this issue. Had to take a couple software updates before it was resolved, but it does seem to work now. Even if you have taken an update on your new Tab, manually check for an update again.

rhrh123

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I've just dug out my old tab 3 8.0 having not used it in about a year and after installing all the updates I'm having this Netflix issue too. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling netflix, rebooted the tab and did a factory reset but nothing has worked.

Does anyone else still have this issue? I've checked for updates and it says I'm up to date (4.4.2) :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2