Using Headphones - Volume Warning - Auto Mute

MaggiMagoo

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I am really, really frustrated. I love my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 8", except for one major problem. I listen to music on Rhapsody, Pandora, etc. with headphones while I'm exercising at the gym. Even at the highest setting, the volume seems very conservative to me. I've noticed complaints about the volume not being strong enough by many others as well.

When using headphones, I usually get the warning that playing too high can cause damage, and then the unit typically auto mutes. I will go to settings, volume and turn it up, but it just turns it right back down again. I have no control. Sometimes all I have to do is plug in earphones and it auto mutes before I've even started playing anything. Volume is moved to Zero. Sometimes I can play for a while and the volume is fine and then after a few songs, it auto mutes. The only way to fix this is to RESTART. And then I may be good for a while. I contacted Samsung, and their answer was go back to factory settings, which I don't want to do. I have a good bit of data on various apps, that I don't want to lose. On settings, I tried "Adapt Sound", deliberately indicating I did not hear some things so the volume would be set higher. I suspect after going through this process, I lost this higher volume setting during a reboot.

I also tried getting a Speaker Booster app, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. Maybe there's a better speaker booster app out there than the one I got. I don't really want to go through rooting my tablet. Don't want to risk screwing up, or again losing any of my data.

I have seen this issue Googling, but whats a good solution?? I am tried of this problem. I wish I could just control my own volume and STOP this auto muting once and for all.:(

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Have tried to replicate your problem by changing all the settings in the volume section and failed. Can only assume it is a fault or a problem with some software that has been downloaded. I use Senhieser 205 HD over ear earphones and rarely have to go beyond the recommended level and if I do have to overide the volume slightly this is no problem. I have found the volume at maximum to be too loud to listen comfortably and I am 70 this year so my hearing is probably not 100%. Hope you get an answer soon.

Posted via Android Central App

MaggiMagoo

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Update on my original post. In researching this ongoing problem further, I have installed an app called Volume Locker, but it doesn't always prevent the apparently uncontrollable automatic lowering of the volume to zero!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool