Unable to detect wifi network...!!!

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I am using D-Link 2750U ADSL router, the issue I am facing is quite weird. My Phone, Laptop, Nexus 7 Tab can see Wi-Fi Network in range but Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1) cannot see Wi-Fi network. I tried connecting it manually by providing SSID, it says Network not in range. Interestingly, Samsung tab connects to Wi-Fi network in my office without any issues. So I am clueless as to where the problem is – is it with Router or Tab? Can someone guide?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It may be the router language that is causing it to not see the network. If you have access to the router find out what type of encryption/language it is using and check that against a list of known encryptions your Tab uses. I'm a bit surprised that you have a phone that can connect but not your Tab however most routers are capable of multiple types of encryption and are easily changed. You should be able to find some common ground and get connected. A quick Google of your Tab vs. acceptable WiFi encryption should reveal the types of networks available to you.

Basic things you could try would be restarting your router. With WiFi on restart your device and check for connections again.

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It may be the router language that is causing it to not see the network. If you have access to the router find out what type of encryption/language it is using and check that against a list of known encryptions your Tab uses. I'm a bit surprised that you have a phone that can connect but not your Tab however most routers are capable of multiple types of encryption and are easily changed. You should be able to find some common ground and get connected. A quick Google of your Tab vs. acceptable WiFi encryption should reveal the types of networks available to you.

Basic things you could try would be restarting your router. With WiFi on restart your device and check for connections again.

Issue resolved (hopefully) by setting channel to fixed number rather than using auto option in router wifi settings.

Interesting aspect is my phone, which is also samsung (s4) and laptop had no issues.

RHA Inspection 1

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
once we updated one of our galaxy 3 tablets it too will now not connect to wi-fi it changed the security code and just scanned over and over for this wi-fi and before the update it worked fine