How do I stop the Facebook app from crashing on my Galaxy Tab 3?

A

AC Question

My Samsung Galaxy tab 3 keeps crashing when I use the facebook app. I tried uninstalling and reinstall the facebook app. I have cleared cache I did everything but bring it back to factory settings, which I don't want to do everything else works fine. This seemed to happen after a major android update maybe? Anybody else experiencing this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you cleared cache, do you mean the system cache partition, or the Facebook app cache?

janoble

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
My 10.1 Tab S3 updated to Android 4.4.2 over the weekend. Since then Facebook has started crashing or dying just like the original poster said. The same thing with my wife's Tab S3 after it updated too.

janoble

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Tried resetting the cache partition. Didn't fix the problem.

To clarify the issue, at least in my case, the Facebook app works fine in the Newsfeed. It is only when I go to my Facebook page that the app just stops and I'm left on my Tablet home screen. This has happened only since the Android update. I am running the exact same configuration on my Samsung Galaxy S5 and it works great.

I may just blow off the Facebook app and use the Chrome browser for Facebook. That works fine, but it's handier to have the dedicated app.

pjjf43

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Glad its not only me....same here..GT 3, latest update just the other day. FB app crashing every 10-15 seconds...what a waste

Last edited by a moderator:

Kadid8

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Wish I could help, but can only say ME TOO! Galaxy Tab 3. FB recently updated. I'm ok on newsfeed, but as soon as I click on someone's page, it throws me out. Very annoying.

janoble

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Facebook just updated. This update didn't fix the problem. I've been using Chrome to access Facebook and that's been working fine. I'm giving up on the Android Facebook app for now. I keep checking every so often to see if they've fixed the problem.

I have reported the problem to Facebook and told them to look at this forum topic to get more details.

Last edited:

vivian4him

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issues. FB was working fine until the latest software update. I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling FB with no success. I'm not a happy camper!! :mad:

Donna Momburg

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have cleared all caches, uninstalled FB, google, chrome and reinstalled the same. Each time i attempt to share or comment FB it crashes. Even just reading the posts kicks me out. I tried using FB with Chrome. The quality of the pictures and text not pleasing to me. Not a happy camper!

sdrob

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, instead of finding answers I found others with the exact same problem. But at least we're not alone. My wife uses the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and has been complaining for over a week that her Facebook app just abruptly closes when she's using it.... usually when just scrolling through posts. No luck finding a fix yet. :(

Barry Brown2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy tab 3 keeps crashing when I use the facebook app. I tried uninstalling and reinstall the facebook app. I have cleared cache I did everything but bring it back to factory settings, which I don't want to do everything else works fine. This seemed to happen after a major android update maybe? Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Robbin Williams

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have tried clearing the cache, uninstalling, reinstalling, checking settings, and even factory reset. Nothing! Even Samsung doesn't know what to do.

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Same here people!!!! I have messaged fb too, not sure how to contact samsung yet!! But seriously, this needs to be sorted out!!!!! I don't want to have to buy apple products next time i need electronic devices.
why is this not fixed yet!

pmr1163

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Same exact problem on mine and my wife's Galaxy Tab 3 since the 4.4.2 kitkat Android update. Newsfeed is fine, but the Facebook app closes when you click on a friend's name or picture....it switches to their page briefly (for a few seconds) but then just closes. Very frustrating! Completed the wipe of system cache and reboot, but did not fix the problem.