My sons Tab is full. I installed a 32GB card today. Dont want to move things, want to save directly.

hychamaz

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello all!
I hope that someone could please help me. My 6 year old son and 5 5 year old daughters tabs are full of their 8GBs. They just want new games... I want to save the new games to the SD card... I have googled it and looked here and there are so many answers my head is spinning.. It seems silly to get an app like App Mgr III to move existing games to the card, when I will just be putting new games on anyway (hopefully to the SD card and not the tab at all). I am so lost.
Can someone please simplify this for me... Greatly appreciated in advance, Graham

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Which version of Android are your tabs running? Unfortunately you will probably have to delete some less used games to free up space, moving them to the external sd card is dependent on the app developer and even then, not all of it can be moved out of internal storage. The good news is that if the games were purchased/downloaded from the Play Store you can re-download them at any time so no need to keep them all on the tab, beware though that if you delete you will lose game progress.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I guess I didn't answer the whole question, you can't download directly to the external sd card, some games will move automatically when installing, but you must have sufficient internal storage space to begin with.

hychamaz

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
i JUST WROTE A VERY LONG RESPONSE. iT DID NOT SHOW UP HERE WHEN I PRESSED POST AND CHECKED BACK HERE AN HOUR LATER. I WILL TYPE IT AGAIN. THANK YOU.

hychamaz

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello again and thank you in advance. Here I go again aghhhh... My tablets are 4.1.2
1. I am confused as to why you say I will have to delete anything as I am freeing up space by moving what I can to the SD card... ???
2. This whole process seems crazy... So many people have there thoughts on this after extensive googling.. But it makes no sense. I have to manually move games to the SD card to replace them with new games... I understand that some games cant go to the card, but for the ones that can, I cant believe that I cant just dl them there. Any comments please??
3. If I have to move programs manually does anyone reccomend one? I tried but cannot figure out this App Mgr III...

I am so lost.. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks, Graham

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if its recommended but I'm on KitKat and all you have to do is format the SD card if there isnt anything you need on it but if there is then don't, then go to applications and swipe to the right and move as many games and apps to the SD card as you can but wait for it to say move to internal memory before exiting and moving anything else to the SD card. Also if you move over one more tab you can disable apps they don't use and clear the disabled app data and it should free up some space!! Hope this helps!!!☺😊

Posted via the Android Central App

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
For samsung galaxy tab wifi versions running kit kat 4.4.2 you have the option to move SOME applications and games to the sd card with out third party applications, in order to get this feature you need to update. If not rusty502's comments on deleting games in order to get more games are the closest answer to provide.

hychamaz

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
1. In response to Colbys answer. I know what you mean about swiping right and then moving apps, games, etc to the card... (As I have done this on my old S3 phone)... But when I do that on the Tab, there is no option to "move to the SD Card"...
2. LockonTech- Maybe your 4.4 is different from my 4.1.. You say i need to update. The tab automatically updates. Do you mean root the tab and go to 4.4??? I installed the app AppMgrIII and it showed me that most of my games can be moved, except for a few... But that app would not move things for me either. Many people complain it... Your last option of deleting games to get space, I think defeats the point of an DS card slot right?

I am lost.. Thanks in advance everyone...

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I know its set to automatically update as I've set it to do it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210R, but in my case I had to go to setting and manualy check for the update to KitKat 4.4.2 (Which is a major update from 4.1.2 Jellybean!!) And once updated you should have the option to move to SD card "if" you have an SD card inserted in all of the tabs with a storage space of at least 1gb or more! If you can't update try Kies 2.6 from the Samsung Kies website and once installed on the computer let it install the update and install the nessesary drivers for the tab to be recognized by the computer and then hit check for updates button unless it says that you have the latest firmware. I hope this clears something's up!!

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
1. In response to Colbys answer. I know what you mean about swiping right and then moving apps, games, etc to the card... (As I have done this on my old S3 phone)... But when I do that on the Tab, there is no option to "move to the SD Card"...
2. LockonTech- Maybe your 4.4 is different from my 4.1.. You say i need to update. The tab automatically updates. Do you mean root the tab and go to 4.4??? I installed the app AppMgrIII and it showed me that most of my games can be moved, except for a few... But that app would not move things for me either. Many people complain it... Your last option of deleting games to get space, I think defeats the point of an DS card slot right?

I am lost.. Thanks in advance everyone...

The galaxy tab is not rooted, it is official 4.4.2 that you manual check to update.

hychamaz

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Again I must say thank you for your responses and in advance any future ones :)
1.-Colby, I manually check for an update and it says all is current. I am currently (if it matters) across the pond in Finland.. I can try to put my VPN on the tab and see if that changes anything... You also say I need 1 GB free. Do you mean that on the tablets memory (which is 8GB but bloated with 4GBs of Samsung Garbage as I keep reading about... I also assume that you mean putting Kies 6 on my laptop and then plugging in the tabs to it????
2.Lock on Tech- I rooted it last night. Root checker said it was rooted after! I am just scared to do this ROM process as a complete novice...

The vids on youtube make it seem so easy after dling 4 programs that it will need to do the update.. I am up for a challenge to do all of this... But I dont (and cant lol) lose my sons gaming data. He'd kill me.. Again the net confuses novices. Some say that data is saved by Google but others say that I will lose it. Again I am still lost. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated... Sincerely, Graham

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
You didn't have to root and flash anything, unless you couldn't get the update from Kies!! So try Kies first!! And usually Samsung releases updates by region so maybe that's why you can't manualy update to KitKat on the tab because the firmware hasn't been released for that region!! I hope this helps!! And I've rooted mine before and flashed a ROM and lost the stock ROM and couldn't find it on the net for 5 days, so I think you should have someone who knows what their doing to flash a ROM if you want to but you'll lose your son's game data!! Also I mean the Tab "must have an SD Card with At Least 1gb free of storage on it" not the "Tab". And have you tryed to disabled any none used Samsung and Google apps such as Hangouts, Chat On, Galaxy Apps, etc?

hychamaz

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello Colby and all!! I tried Kies but it would not even recognize my device when plugged in.. Quite frustrating..
-It was a nightmare but I spoke to Samsung and got transferred to one of their supervisors. After a half hour chat, I asked for his ID#. He gave it and I was disconnected from the Samsung chat. I logged in again and he said that he didnt do it lol. A liar. The second after you ask for his ID (his name was Sammy) I was disconnected, lol, and he said he didnt do it.. Amazing hahahahah....
But finally he said that my Galaxy Tab 3s SD card slot is just for pictures and media... No gaming can me moved with a 4.1.2 Jellybean device!! That really contaradicts the tons that have done it ... The update to 4.4 only I have read is going to certain countries... So who knows if it will come to Finland?? I will I guess try this 4.4 update while learning ROM flashing at the same time... I just wish that all of my sons gaming data is saved before I do this.. Some say it is saved to Google+ but I really want to be sure before I make this a mess. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely, Graham

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois