Wifi connection issues

breese76

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have had my tab for a few months now and every now and then I will be using it and I will open certain app's and the wifi will drop and then reconnect. This generally happens on apps with lots of pictures (Tumblr, Facebook) but not if I am streaming or something like that. I am guessing there is a data block or something that I am hitting and it boots me from the wifi. Has anyone encountered this and/or have a suggested fix?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like an overheating radio - in the tab or in the router. (Streaming isn't really that heavy a data user - you're only downloading 30 frames/second, at most.) Find a download site with a huge file - 1 or 2 GB - and a fast connection (over 1mbps download speed to you). Download the file on a desktop or laptop (you can delete it after you download it). See if you have a problem. If you do, it's probably the router. If not, take the tab outside, let it get a little cold (not freezing) and try Tumblr or Facebook (or both) and see if you still have the problem for the first few minutes. If not, it's probably the tab. (Pictures download as fast as the server can shove them down the pipe, streaming video comes down at the frame rate - which is why you sometimes get buffering - the download path is slower than the frame rate, so the phone, tab or computer is waiting for the next frames to get there.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03