My charging port is damaged, will a wireless charging pad work?

Levi76

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Please Please HELP!!! My charging port is damaged

This is my 2nd tablet that has done this and I swear Im not rough on it, but the charging port is bent/broke on the inside. Will a wireless charging pad work??? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please Please HELP!!! My charging port is damaged

Sure.

You may not be what you consider rough on the port, but being normally careful is being rough on a port. You have to be very delicate with it. (I love the fact that [almost] all phone and tab manufacturers have settled on a single charging/data port. Back in the day each manufacturer had 4 or 5 different ports, so you needed about 60 adapters if you worked on all phones. But they picked the wrong one! A microUSB port is too delicate for something that's going to be plugged into all the time. Something like a small PS-2 kind of connector would have been better.)

Get the port fixed, then get a Qi charging receiver like this one and a charging mat. (They're pretty much a commodity these days - get one that has a light indicating that you put the pad down in the right position to charge - you should be able to find one for under $10. The receiver can be any one that plugs into the microUSB port. Most of them are internal for phones that have removable batteries.) Use wireless charging for the battery, WiFi File Transfer to transfer files, there's even a wifi adb and, if you like terrible software, a wireless Kies. (I don't think there's a wireless Odin yet, but Chainfire's coming out with a new version soon, so we'll see.) Then you plug the receiver into the port once and unless you bend the cable enough to break the port, it should last longer than you want to keep the tab.

About the only thing you may notice is that wireless charging is about as fast as USB charging from a computer port. The plug-in charger probably charges faster. The only thing that can hurt is your time, the tab will be fine with it.

arhturpine11

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Please Please HELP!!! My charging port is damaged

Sure.

You may not be what you consider rough on the port, but being normally careful is being rough on a port. You have to be very delicate with it. (I love the fact that [almost] all phone and tab manufacturers have settled on a single charging/data port. Back in the day each manufacturer had 4 or 5 different ports, so you needed about 60 adapters if you worked on all phones. But they picked the wrong one! A microUSB port is too delicate for something that's going to be plugged into all the time. Something like a small PS-2 kind of connector would have been better.)

Get the port fixed, then get a Qi charging receiver like this one and a charging mat. (They're pretty much a commodity these days - get one that has a light indicating that you put the pad down in the right position to charge - you should be able to find one for under $10. The receiver can be any one that plugs into the microUSB port. Most of them are internal for phones that have removable batteries.) Use wireless charging for the battery, WiFi File Transfer to transfer files, there's even a wifi adb and, if you like terrible software, a wireless Kies. (I don't think there's a wireless Odin yet, but Chainfire's coming out with a new version soon, so we'll see.) Then you plug the receiver into the port once and unless you bend the cable enough to break the port, it should last longer than you want to keep the tab.

About the only thing you may notice is that wireless charging is about as fast as USB charging from a computer port. The plug-in charger probably charges faster. The only thing that can hurt is your time, the tab will be fine with it.

I dont understand how this can be better since she is still plugging something in on a continual basis. The plug is still being utilized only by a very smaller cord.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech