I deleted the Playstore by mistake, how can I get it back?

Janet Rimmer

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
deleted playstore by mistake

I lost my gallery and tried to get on to google+ to access my pictures but it said i had to update but when i went into playstore it said connection error retry. I went into the playstore app and accidently deleted it. It has now been downloaded back in my tab but it is still showing connection error. I have viewed several website that sugest clearing the data and forcing stop but i want to know what data will be removed eg apps, google account etc. So before i try this can someone help me, as i have money in my account and need to update and download some apps. Please help someone😢

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: deleted playstore by mistake

Hi. Try resetting app preferences. Settings>Apps>menu>reset app preferences. This sometimes helps with Play issues.

Janet Rimmer

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

I was hoping to try other things before i resorted to that. If i cleared playstores data, would i lose all my apps that i downloaded from there?

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm trying to understand how you deleted the Google Playstore app? If you try to uninstall the app, it only lets you uninstal the updates. I don't think you can accidentally delete the app....are you saying the app was somehow corrupted?

Have you tried contacting Googgle for assistance?

Posted via Android Central App

Janet Rimmer

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

I was having problems accessing playstore. Said i had a 'connection error please try again'. Looked on internet at several ideas and one was to clear cache and data and force stop but i deleted it by error. It did have a delete box but i thought it was built into the tablet and i would get it back but in the end it had to be downloaded ( don't know where from, as someone did it for me) but i am getting the same message connection error, etc etc Just don't know what to do. Have tried finding googles help page but that was for apps downloads and stuff. Do you kno how i can contact google and what happens to all my stuff from playstore if i disable the data.. thanks