Hello All,
    I have an old Galaxy Tab 3, 8.0” and have also just purchased a replacement S2 8.0”. While it’s a nice little tab with excellent battery life, I have come to like a couple of the apps that Samsung installed on the GT3 and would like to have them on the S2. However I am having some difficulty and suspect it may turn out to be impossible. Specifically, I am trying to copy the Samsung “Alarm” and “S-Planner” apps. While I’m not really a huge fan of the S-Planner and suspect there are probably several much better apps that do the same thing out there, I have things planned on this one that go well into 2018 and I’m being lazy in wanting to not go thru it month by month to enter everything over again.

I have tried Samsung ‘Kies 3,’ ‘Side Sync,’ ‘Smart Switch,’ ‘SHAREit’ and ‘App Backup and Reset,’ all of which work except for with factory installed apps. Neither of these apps are in PlayStore or Galaxy Apps, nor can I find the apps (including any information regarding who developed the apps) on the ‘net.

So the question is, does anyone know how to copy those factory apps? I did manage to find the .apk file (I think!) along with an Of course and as usual, an email to Samsung went unanswered, as has every email inquiry I’ve ever sent to Samsung. I suppose I could try their support Chat room but it seems unlikely that they will have any information on apps that old. However, out of desperation, if no one here knows how to copy those apps (or knows where to find them on the web - but trust me, I’ve spent a fair amount of time on the web searching and I can’t even find out who the developers were!), that’s exactly what I will do… I just won’t be holding my breath expecting answers!
    Regards,
    Mike
    07-23-2016 01:14 PM