Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (GT-P5210) won't charge more than 50%

djnerd2005

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,

I have replaced the battery and the power connector of my Samsung Galaxy TAB 3 10.1 but now my battery won't charge more than 50%

Does one of you know how to solve this issue or can tell me what is wrong?

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards

DJNERD2005

PS: I have used new original parts for replacement.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you use the tablet normally until it shuts off automatically from low battery, then charge it for at least 12 hours? Does it still stop at 50%?

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
This is the common problem of Samsung battery connector. The cables don't make good contact with pins of battery connector on mainboard.
Here is example of good connection

Good Contac.jpg

The second one is example of bad contact

Bad Contact.jpg

Don't assume your old battery is bad because new one has the same problem of loose contact.

The easy way to fix is using Silver conductive glue but you have to use with care. Wipe off any extra glue between terminals with alcohol, otherwise you will have a shorted circuit with symptoms like overheated, low or high battery temperature.
This is example, no glue between cables

Silver Conductive glue.jpg

This is a sample from Ebay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...85&hash=item4d622308f1%3Ag%3AzFQAAOSwyXNZ5XVn

One red ( positive ) or black ( negative ) cable lost contact, you never get full charge or battery capacity drops quickly. Most users always blame the battery is bad due to the quick discharge, but the real problem is from loose battery cables.

Another possible root cause is the cracked solder joints of battery connector on mainboard.
This one needs to be resoldered and this one is 99% found on all samsung tablets above 10 inches

Weak Connector.jpg

This battery connector was fixed, more solders added to fix cracked solder joints. These cracks you won't see unless using microscope, without experiences, most will see it looks normal.

JNTC.jpg

This rework is beyond the scope of most users, you may need the help from a repair shop

Most Tab 3 need to fix both battery connectors. After that, it can last another 1 or 2 years.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol