Hi guys, I have a Galaxy Tab 3 8" which is dead! I have trawled the internet and seen and tried all the usual tricks (holding in the power button, holding the power button and volume keys for 30 seconds etc etc). I have taken the unit back-panel off and have 4.5v on the disconnected battery - so the battery seems good! I have disconnected and re-connected the ribbon for the power-button to rule-out this as an issue. But still no power. Anyone any ideas? Please!
    07-10-2018 08:55 AM
    Screen issue? Since you already opened it PLUS it's otherwise not working, maybe try detaching then reconnected the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the motherboard.
    07-10-2018 10:43 AM
    There's no sound, and I have tried all the connectors! Just dead
    07-10-2018 04:24 PM
    Maybe one of the ribbon cables is or got damaged?
    07-11-2018 08:01 AM
    I have found that one of our members @Beut is quite knowledgeable about Samsung tablets -- let's see if he can provide any assistance!
    pkcable and Trevor Briscombe like this.
    07-11-2018 01:45 PM
    Tablet came out in 2013. Battery is likely shot.

Get a new tablet w/updated specs because even if your tab 3 was working, it couldn't really run current apps very well w/the limited and old specs.

I had a Tab 3 7.0 version and it died after 3 years
    pkcable likes this.
    07-11-2018 02:17 PM
    Hi guys, I have a Galaxy Tab 3 8" which is dead! I have trawled the internet and seen and tried all the usual tricks (holding in the power button, holding the power button and volume keys for 30 seconds etc etc). I have taken the unit back-panel off and have 4.5v on the disconnected battery - so the battery seems good! I have disconnected and re-connected the ribbon for the power-button to rule-out this as an issue. But still no power. Anyone any ideas? Please!
    You need two tools to verify of your tablet is charging
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=oFiObYeZ

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...cUvbUpU6283918

Change the USB port, if the old one has 0 or under 1.7 Amps charging current. If nothing is different with new USB port , your mainboard is defective. Make sure to use know working USB cable and adapter,

I see many silly users sent their tablet 1000 miles round trip to have only the USB cable replaced.

There is no guessing if you can see the charging current goes into your tablet.
    B. Diddy and pkcable like this.
    07-14-2018 12:54 PM
    Thanks for you help - the battery is fine with over 4v in it. Processor/s I guess (?)
    07-17-2018 03:23 AM