Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210R - No boot, no Charge indicator but drawing .45 amp

imaddicted2u

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Looking at a Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210R for a friend. Won't boot, black screen and no indication of charging on the screen. However current meter shows it drawing 0.45 Amp at 5.25 Volts. No button combinations do anything. I took it apart, the battery reads 3.72 Volts when disconnected. 3.72 Volts connected. Left the battery disconnected for a while and shorted the connector on the motherboard side to ensure the tablet was discharged but nothing changed. The battery reads 3.79 Volts and is slowly climbing with battery and charger connected, overnight the battery voltage rose to 4.20 Volts and the charge current has dropped to 0.28 Amp so it seems to be charging the battery.
It looks like someone was digging at the USB port but since the tablet is taking current and when I connect the Tab 3 to a USB port on a Windows 10 laptop it appears in Device Manager as EMEI with Hardware ID of USB\VID_1286&PID_8164, so I figure the USB port must be OK.
I installed KIES 2 and then KIES 3 and neither sees the Tab 3. I tried reinstalling the drivers no change. I have an old Samsung Galaxy S3 that gets detected and connects fine. So the KIES software is functioning properly.
Anyone got some tips or tricks that might help me revive it? TIA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz