Battery Drain with Cell Standby

nikornpon

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got the SGT 7+ (P6200L) and, for now, plan to use it only as a tablet not a phone. I have noticed that, right out of the box, the battery was drained so quickly (last for less than a day of very light usage). I checked "Battery Usage" in Setting menu and found that "Cell Standby" is taking 70% of battery usage. That is very stange since I didn't even have sim card installed. Does anyone has the same problem or know how to turn off cell standby feature?

I've read the review from serveral website that this tablet has a very good battery life. I wish it could last 2-3 days in tablet mode without charging.

Last edited:

techandfixies

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
on settings you can tell wifi to shut off right whenever the screen turns off and that helped about 18 percent on mine. i also tried to hold the off button and put it in airplane mode whenever i would turn it off and that also helped with drainage. you're not going to get ipad all day 1 percent off power type usage but doing these two things i carry around all morning and afternoon and don't worry at all having power to use it for hours at a coffeehouse after work. turn off gps as well and use the task manager in the widgets and shut off all your ish when you're not using it (facebook,twitter, evernote,pulse, etc)...most of those you can save battery by having them check every 4 to 6 hours not every 15 minutes.

nikornpon

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
As of now, I have a much better battery life while turning on "Airplan Mode". My battery life decrease about 5% when keep it idle for a day. Great tip!!! Thanks!!!