Media Hub Issue with Galaxy 7.0 Plus wifi

klt813

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus wifi for about a week now. First tried to launch the Media Hub from the home screen yesterday. As soon as it launches, I get a window that an update is available and to select OK or cancel. If I select OK, it goes to the Android market but I get a caution message that my device is not compatible with the application. When I return to the media hub it closes. If I select cancel on the update, the app closes. Called Samsung and they trouble shooted but could not solve the problem. Before I return it to Best Buy was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks much!

grp00

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, but on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 (GT-P6210) I don't get the message that an update is available for the Media Hub but when I when I go to the Android Market for the 'Media Hub - Samsung Galaxy Tab' it shows that it's installed but also shows 'This item is not compatible with your device'. The version that is installed on my device is 1.6.0 (LADA, 4389) which appears to be the same as the one on the Android Market. I don't know what to tell you, but it appears to work okay on my device.

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
On my sgt7p the app is listed the same way. When i go online to the Android market on my desktop it is listed as installed but incompatible. It is also listed as a downloaded app in settings/ applications. And i could uninstall the updates. But it is not even listed as an installed app when i go into market/ my apps. Not even there. But it works..... for now. Looks like Samsung has a problem. They might have to send an update to fix that. But i don't know much . Hope we get this fixed. :confused:
Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

klt813

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Looks like it is a Samsung issue and I don't know that return mine to Best Buy and getting a new one will solve anything:-\

michaelknoll

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Also called Samsung and they appear to be stumped. In addition to the Media Hub issue, I noticed there is a firmware update under the about device tab in settings. I select to update it and it downloads onto the sgt7p, but then it says the system needs to reboot to install, machine reboots but then I get a message " failed to update firmware and to try again using PC software Kies" which can be downloaded via Samsung website. When I connect to Kies, get the message "your device does not support software upgrading via Kies." Samsung advised they are going to have a level 2 tech call me back.

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Any news on a fix for the media hub issue? I also am having the issue to update but it says not compatable with my device. Gt-6210 wifi version here

klt813

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Samsung again this week. I apparently got a higher tier level support person who told me that in a product briefing this week they were told that Samsung is aware of the issues with media hub and they are working on an update and it should be out in the coming weeks. They could not give a timeline on exactly when but it was a priority. Hoping to see something in the next few weeks.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
having the same issue, here. Looks like some techs just say what they want to get you off. Samsung has no idea about this, talking to three techs they all had no idea what I was talking about and they were all over the place. Sir, can you try to update it, sir did you ever sign up for a media hub account. can you reset your tablet and contact us back. I mean it is ridiculuos how they just try to make you go around in loops. I had to explain a tech three times that market says the tab is incompatible and he was still telling me to update the app. What a joke.

ajsanders20

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I am having the exact same issues with mine and purchased mine through Amazon a week ago so I don't think returning it will do much good for any of us. Hopefully media hub gets their acts together and gets things fixed soon because there is no point having it on our galaxy's if it's useless to us :) Good Luck to all of us!!

DaWeav

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Check. Same for me. And not just the media app by Samsung is showing up as incompatible, all the other Samsung apps to like the Samsung Apps too.

BTW, I also wanted to get the new Bank of America for tablet app, but no GT-P6210 love either.

braeben

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Glad to see I'm not alone. I've contacted Samsung and they haven't responded. This thread is the only place I've found that mentions this issue. Hope Samsung really does prioritize this. Though, I've heard Media Hub has lots of problems and it's very poorly rated, so maybe I'm not missing much. Otherwise, I'm loving my new Tab 7 Plus!

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. I went as far as contacting Google. They say its definately a Samsung problem. Although I have no plans on using Media hub a lot..it would be nice to use what I paid for!!!!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just do what TD suggested, click on the back arrow which removes the dialog and lets you use the app. It works fine without this update. :)