Samsung start Android 4.0.4 updates Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

azharisadig

May 7, 2012
Visit site
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
If you have the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and you live in Austria you will be able to update your tablet.
You can use Samsung KIES or OTA for this update. Make sure the WIFI is on for OTA updating.
If you want to flash your tablet is this also possible. Go to samfirmware.com and download.
Please flash only your own country.
Some details about this firmware:
This firmware is specially for Open Austria (Android 4.0.4)
Build date June 25th
PDA: P6200XXLQ1
CSC: P6200OXALQ1
MODEM: P6200XXLQ1

The next tablets will receive an Android 4.0 update.
GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI
GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G
GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI
GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G
GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI
GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G
GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI
GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G

Source:
Samsung start Android 4.0.4 updates Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus | SamMobile

Download: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1_ATO.zip

Anew update for P.6210 is out :

PDA: P6210XXLPN
CSC: P6210OXALPN V
ersion: 4.0.4
Date: 2012-07-16
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

Source: http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=5532

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

techandfixies

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Austria? That's cool but i'm in the US. when is it coming to the states? My tab plus has been in my closet for a few months. ICS would give it some new life.

azharisadig

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I installed this update via odin on a Middle East version tab, very fast, and every thing works as it should .....

Reactions: zeyd17

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You say in your own post to "only update for your own country," yet you use an Austrian version to update in the Middle East? :-\

azharisadig

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I wrote that for others who have less experince with flashing roms. I installed it as ics allow reading right to left languages without difficulties and I used swiftkey for wirting

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Screen shopts from the my device running ics 4.0.4

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Android Central Forums

You know, every time someone posts something like this my feet start to itch :) I love my 7+ with Go Launcher on it. but I have a few ICS devices and I really want that OS on this tab! It's annoying that it's not in the US yet. One thing owning an android device will teach you is patience. Well, that or how to rant on a forum.

spensergig

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
OK, I took a leap of faith today.

I have no experience with rooting and roms, nor any kind of update other that the OTA offerings.

A couple of days ago, though, I pulled down the EL29-to-FF18 update for my Sprint GS2, and it went smoothly.
So smoothly, in fact, that I followed up by running in the One-Click FF18 root.
Really don't know why, and now I'm waiting to try to figure out how to unroot without losing all my data.

But I've grown very impatient waiting for the update for my GT-P6210 US wifi.
This thread, and especially the post just above mine, finally pushed me over the edge.

I downloaded the whatever-you-call-it, unzipped it, and used Odin to install it.
I now have a GT-P6210 running ICS 4.04!!
Now, I'm waiting fearfully to discover what I've broken, and if you kind folk will be able to help me get my tablet working again if I really did shoot myself in the foot.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement. Six months ago, I wouldn't have dared to try this.

Reactions: azharisadig

azharisadig

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have detailed instructions on how to flash our tabs using odin? Want to make sure that I have all the right things checked.

Thanks,

a. download samsung kies to get the correct driver for gt-p6200

b. download odin3 v.1.85: http://www.mediafire.com/?arcl4arqo9qc59v

c. download Stock Firmware Austria - P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1_ATO.zip: http://www.hotfile.com/dl/162811167/9e67b52/P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1_ATO.zip.html

d. install Kies

e. extract Odin3-v1.85.zip

f. extract P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1_ATO.zip until you get file P6200OXALQ1_P6200XXLQ1_P6200XXLQ1_HOME.tar.md5

g. turn off your tablet

h. enter download mode (press volume up button + power button about 5 seconds)

I. plug the usb cable to your pc and your tablet

j. run Odin3 v1.85.exe

k. Check if pc recognize your tablet by seeing ID:COM turn yellow and "Added!!" message in the message box lower left odin window.

l. Cllik PDA button and put P6200OXALQ1_P6200XXLQ1_P6200XXLQ1_HOME.tar.md5

m. make sure to uncheck re-partition

n. click start

o. odin processing takes about 5 minutes, wait patiently.

p. if there's a "SUCCEED" in the message box, your tablet will restart

q. wait about 10 minutes, you should get your ICS boot to system

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well Clockworkmod does not work. For some reason.

Using the link from cbill (I have the P-6210 U.S. version) and the instructions azharisadig provided using Odin...

I know you said to be patient, but I get stuck at this screen. Been here for about 10 minutes.

I guess I'm going to abort it here shortly and wait for some help.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 65

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, new question.

How do I get the baby rooted again?

Two methods I've used before aren't working. Can't install a root.zip package in the stock recovery, and I can't flash CWM on the stock recovery either.

And a third method using a temporary CWM doesn't work. I try to make selections and it keeps reloading. Looks bugged.

Last edited:

azharisadig

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, new question.

How do I get the baby rooted again?

Two methods I've used before aren't working. Can't install a root.zip package in the stock recovery, and I can't flash CWM on the stock recovery either.

And a third method using a temporary CWM doesn't work. I try to make selections and it keeps reloading. Looks bugged.

Try this TUT: [ROOT] P6210 ICS + Firmware + Recovery - xda-developers
Iam still using my P6200 without rooting, actually i had problems with wifi when i rooted it last month. I will keep it for a while without rooting

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My goodness, I'm answering all my own questions now.

Got her rooted now. The temporary CWM is very finnaky and you need a mixture of touch screen selections and using the volume buttons and power buttons to navigate. Finally figured it out and was able to install a root.zip thru a temp. CWM.

Still don't know how to get a permanent CWM recovery installed, but I don't even care about that. Don't really need it. Have my tablet running at peak performance now.

If anyone wants any help after reading all of my posts here, ask away.

It took me ages to figure out (and I've rooted/flashed many different devices - this was by far the most difficult). But I've got 4.0.4 flashed and rooted back up.

Used Mobile Odin Lite to flash
need to download the right flashkernel for that to work too
Then used a temp CWM recovery image to install a root.zip

Seems simple, but I tried so many other ways first that did not work.

Try this TUT: [ROOT] P6210 ICS + Firmware + Recovery - xda-developers
Iam still using my P6200 without rooting, actually i had problems with wifi when i rooted it last month. I will keep it for a while without rooting

Yes, this is exactly what I used. Needed that temp CWM image from here.

Reactions: azharisadig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool