Shouldn't I have ICS by now??

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. My Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus still does not have ICS!!! Does anyone know when I might get an update?

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If you are in the U.S. you are not alone. The official update is not yet available in this country. It is available in several other countries, and many are installing those builds. Best to wait if you are not familiar with hacking techniques. Could be any time now.

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Should be anytime because cbill said the other versions of it have it and they always get updates first then us models get it a month or so after.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Ultimatum Rom and OC using Tapatalk 2

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I used the method detailed here

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-updates-galaxy-tab-7-0-plus.html#post1992935

It's done via PC but doesn't require root, which I believe Mobile Odin does.

It took me less than 10 minutes. The only difference from the linked thread is the firmware version and getting into download mode involved power and volume DOWN button (step h in linked thread).

The firmware version I used from http://www.samfirmware.com/

United Kingdom / Ireland 2012 July 4.0.4 P6210XXLPN

It is running perfectly.

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
G1toevo & Fender:

I just installed the 6210 UK ICS using Standard Odin, and it worked great. Can't believe how smooth and quick this new OS is.

After doing the install, I thought I would take the guide provided by mastadon, and rework it a bit so it might be more appropriate for the 6210and perhaps a little more understandable overall.

Hopefully you guys can look this modification over and add to it and modify where needed, and perhaps we could end up with something that is beneficial to the others out there that are also contemplating biting the bullet. Hope you find this worthwhile. If it ends up being a pretty good product I would like to see it posted on some of the other sites also.

What do you think.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How Install upgrade OS using Standard ODIN SGT 7+

a. download samsung kies to get the correct driver for gt-p6210/computer connect.

b. download odin3 v.1.85: Odin3-v1.85.zip

c. download Stock Firmware from SamMobile.com | Everything for your Samsung Mobile | SamMobile (must register)

d. install Kies (this will load needed drivers and wont be used further

e. extract Odin3-v1.85.zip files to folder of choice..

f. extract firmware zip from sammobile . Extract zips until you get down to .tar.md5 file.

h. Open Odin3 v1.85.exe

i. Click PDA button and load 6210 .tar.md5 file into Odin.
Click PIT button and load .pit file (found in either Odin or firmware download).

j. make sure to uncheck re-partition and check autorestart.. DO NOT HIT THE START BUTTON YET but leave Odin window open.

k. turn off your tablet.

l. Enter download mode (press volume up button + power button about 5 seconds)

m. plug the usb cable to your pc and your tablet

n. Check if pc recognizes your tablet by seeing if ID:COM n Odin window turns yellow and "Added!!" message in the message box lower left Odin window.

o. If so click start

p. Odin processing takes about 5 minutes, wait patiently. If all is going well the Odin window will show the update loading. The Tabs screen will also show it.

q. if there's a "SUCCEED" in the message box, your tablet will restart

r. wait about 10 minutes, you should get your ICS boot to system.

Reactions: kcerica

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Nice guide on using desktop Odin, cbill. :)

Has anyome successfully done this on a Mac?

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

Not sure about that. Might want to take to Google?

However, I would have to imagine using my version (Mobile Odin Lite) it wouldn't be a problem. All of the work is done on the tablet itself, other than simply transferring files if you choose to download them there first, and that wouldn't cause issues. But even those can be downloaded directly from XDA to the tablet.

Look into the method I posted because you don't actually need your computer for any heavy lifting. The app does all the work for you, you just need to put the right files in the right place, which isn't hard if you take your time and pay attention. ;)

Reactions: kalebk07

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
G1toevo & Fender:

I just installed the 6210 UK ICS using Standard Odin, and it worked great. Can't believe how smooth and quick this new OS is.

After doing the install, I thought I would take the guide provided by mastadon, and rework it a bit so it might be more appropriate for the 6210and perhaps a little more understandable overall.

Hopefully you guys can look this modification over and add to it and modify where needed, and perhaps we could end up with something that is beneficial to the others out there that are also contemplating biting the bullet. Hope you find this worthwhile. If it ends up being a pretty good product I would like to see it posted on some of the other sites also.

What do you think.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How Install upgrade OS using Standard ODIN SGT 7+

a. download samsung kies to get the correct driver for gt-p6210/computer connect.

b. download odin3 v.1.85: Odin3-v1.85.zip

c. download Stock Firmware from SamMobile.com | Everything for your Samsung Mobile | SamMobile (must register)

d. install Kies (this will load needed drivers and wont be used further

e. extract Odin3-v1.85.zip files to folder of choice..

f. extract firmware zip from sammobile . Extract zips until you get down to .tar.md5 file.

h. Open Odin3 v1.85.exe

i. Click PDA button and load 6210 .tar.md5 file into Odin.
Click PIT button and load .pit file (found in either Odin or firmware download).

j. make sure to uncheck re-partition and check autorestart.. DO NOT HIT THE START BUTTON YET but leave Odin window open.

k. turn off your tablet.

l. Enter download mode (press volume up button + power button about 5 seconds)

m. plug the usb cable to your pc and your tablet

n. Check if pc recognizes your tablet by seeing if ID:COM n Odin window turns yellow and "Added!!" message in the message box lower left Odin window.

o. If so click start

p. Odin processing takes about 5 minutes, wait patiently. If all is going well the Odin window will show the update loading. The Tabs screen will also show it.

q. if there's a "SUCCEED" in the message box, your tablet will restart

r. wait about 10 minutes, you should get your ICS boot to system.

Can't get much simpler than that. :)

In step l. I had to press volume down+power button. Then it took me to a confirmation Page where it said press volume up button to enter download mode.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
No Home Screen folders????

Two ways to do it.

1. Long press screen and select Add to Home screen.
2. Long press an app and drag it to Create Folder at the top of the screen.
I prefer the standard ICS way of creating folders by just dragging apps on top of another as well as the look but no real biggie.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot...didn't even notice the add folder option on top. Like you its no big deal. Just curious.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Android Central Forums

umpapa

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I followed the instructions in this link and successfully updated my Samsung Galaxy 7 Plus (wifi only) to the UK version of ICS. It is running excellent on this update.

Today I noticed that the US version is now being pushed via KIES. I connected and received the message that it was not able to update. I suspect it is because of the ODIN update using the UK ICS version that I previously did.

What would be the process to now update from the UK version of ICS to the US version?

If ODIN is again needed where might the US ICS rom version be found?

What are the differences between the US and UK versions of ICS?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks....

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I followed the instructions in this link and successfully updated my Samsung Galaxy 7 Plus (wifi only) to the UK version of ICS. It is running excellent on this update.

Today I noticed that the US version is now being pushed via KIES. I connected and received the message that it was not able to update. I suspect it is because of the ODIN update using the UK ICS version that I previously did.

What would be the process to now update from the UK version of ICS to the US version?

If ODIN is again needed where might the US ICS rom version be found?

What are the differences between the US and UK versions of ICS?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks....

I think the ICS update was only for the T-Mobile branded version of the 7 Plus. I could be wrong so someone will have to confirm this for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge