Shouldn't I have ICS by now??

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't find anything about the wifi version being updated. Mine is working so well as is that I haven't really paid too much attention to the updates but I'm assuming when it does come out for the wifi version, it will be the same process just with the US version of the firmware.

If you want to take it back to the stock HC, here is the firmware for it..

GT_P6210_Stock_HC_Odin_Package.zip .:: | by strumer373 for Galaxy Tab II 7.0

Someone more knowledgeable than I will have to chime in to let us know if it's possible to go back to stock HC from ICS.

I don't plan revert back myself but if you do, let us know how it goes.

EDIT: Well it looks like some with the wifi only US version are getting the update via KIES as well.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1832487

Last edited:

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
ICS is out there for everyone, but will not be available to many EXCEPT as an update using the Samsung Kies PC application with the tablet running tethered via cable to the PC. I upgraded mine this morning. It took a while but worked flawlessly. My 7+ is now on ICS.

umpapa10

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am not looking to revert either. However, would like to put correct version on tab at some point.

Hopefully a Odin package for US version will show up.

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I am not looking to revert either. However, would like to put correct version on tab at some point.

Hopefully a Odin package for US version will show up.

I second That !!!

Wonder why Samsung is playing this in such a secretive manner. Perhaps something to do with the "Brickbug"?

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, I decided to revert back to stock HC and update via KIES. After reverting and taking one OTA update, I connected it to KIES and it immediately prompted for the ICS update.

If you don't want to go through all that, the US firmware is supposedly already available online according to a thread here...

USA Galaxy Tab Plus firmware update via Kies is live - Page 2 - xda-developers

Someone there said he updated ok with it, but on sammobile it is showing as US Cellular. Decided not to mess with it myself.

If anyone is interested in reverting, I can post the steps I used. Pretty much same as above except stock HC firmware. I did get a boot loop at the Samsung splash screen so had to go into stock recovery and wipe data/cache. And of course, it will wipe all your data/settings/apps/etc.

I would suggest using the firmware noted in that thread and comparing it to the firmware I'm showing.

I can't tell any difference from the UK version. I did run Quadrant for comparative purposes and it does seem a little higher (ran it two times and both times got just above 3500 which IIRC is a little higher than what I was getting on the UK version).

Kernel is dated 8/7/12.

Update: Noticed that CW network app is not compatible with this version of firmware. Installed fine on the UK version.

Last edited:

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok I apologize in advance for my stupidity. My GTab 7.0 plus isnt rooted and I dont plan to root it I dont think at this time. The issue I am having is my computer is a mac, not a pc. Could someone please give me a detailed "Installing ICS for Dummies" instructions on how to update to ICS, without root, from a mac?? I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but I just dont get it. ICS is all I want! Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

umpapa

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, I decided to revert back to stock HC and update via KIES. After reverting and taking one OTA update, I connected it to KIES and it immediately prompted for the ICS update.

If you don't want to go through all that, the US firmware is supposedly already available online according to a thread here...

USA Galaxy Tab Plus firmware update via Kies is live - Page 2 - xda-developers

Someone there said he updated ok with it, but on sammobile it is showing as US Cellular. Decided not to mess with it myself.

If anyone is interested in reverting, I can post the steps I used. Pretty much same as above except stock HC firmware. I did get a boot loop at the Samsung splash screen so had to go into stock recovery and wipe data/cache. And of course, it will wipe all your data/settings/apps/etc.

I would suggest using the firmware noted in that thread and comparing it to the firmware I'm showing.

I can't tell any difference from the UK version. I did run Quadrant for comparative purposes and it does seem a little higher (ran it two times and both times got just above 3500 which IIRC is a little higher than what I was getting on the UK version).

Kernel is dated 8/7/12.

Update: Noticed that CW network app is not compatible with this version of firmware. Installed fine on the UK version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of reverting to HC, I did download the version shown as US Cellular and ran the update using Odin. I came out with the same result showing the same version information. When I hooked up with Kies it now shows current firmware is up to date.

I did not have to reset anything and it retained all of my apps and home screens just as they were before I did the update with Odin.

Thanks for all the help to everyone.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok I apologize in advance for my stupidity. My GTab 7.0 plus isnt rooted and I dont plan to root it I dont think at this time. The issue I am having is my computer is a mac, not a pc. Could someone please give me a detailed "Installing ICS for Dummies" instructions on how to update to ICS, without root, from a mac?? I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but I just dont get it. ICS is all I want! Thanks.

I think only way is using Mobile Odin as noted earlier in this thread. Definitely a little more involved but I think it's worth it. It really does make a big difference. Fenders instructions are pretty clear so if you just follow them carefully, it should be fairly straight forward. The update will remove root so you will just end up with stock ICS.

I haven't tried it myself so I'm just basing it off of his post.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of reverting to HC, I did download the version shown as US Cellular and ran the update using Odin. I came out with the same result showing the same version information. When I hooked up with Kies it now shows current firmware is up to date.

I did not have to reset anything and it retained all of my apps and home screens just as they were before I did the update with Odin.

Thanks for all the help to everyone.

Could have saved myself some time! :-\

I don't understand why they titled it US Cellular. Oh well, at least others will know now they are the same.

Are you seeing any difference from the UK version. It does feel a little more snappier but could just be my imagination.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Install Samsung Kies, plug in your device and hope it tell you you're due for an update.

Or, you can do it manually that will work when you want it to.

I tell you exactly how to do it right here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-updates-galaxy-tab-7-0-plus.html#post2001459

It's really not hard. Rooting isn't hard either. It's as simple as putting a file on your SD Card and clicking "go." It takes about five seconds.

The entire manual upgrade process will take about 20 minutes, and you won't have to mess with Kies, which is just a god awful program.

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried updating through Skies yesterday and it told me I couldn't update my device through Kies.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums