Ics is here!!!!!

dprand

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I live in U.S., have been looking for the Android 4 upgrade. Thanks to morami, I checked Kies...it downloaded to my pc the latest kies, then notified me about an update. I accepted it, had my 7.0 + Wireless tablet plugged into the PC, and Kies offered an update to the operating system. I accepted. Big download, took quite a while, but now my setting indicates that I have Android 4.04! Looks have changed some, now I will explore the new operating system.

Reactions: tmueller516

marossva

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
No kidding. I've been very unhappy with 3.0 (seems to crash a lot on my Samsung 7.0 Plus) so I've been trying to stay up to date regarding the talked about ICS update for the 7.0+. I haven't been using Kies but read that any updates would come via a Kies connection with the 7.0+ so I installed the newest version on both the tablet and my PC and lo and behold, it said there was a firm wear update available for the 7.0+. I ran the firm wear update and voila - ICS. Now I have something new to play with - and hopefully I won't have the same problems I had with 3.0. By the way, I have the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 7.0 Plus, 16gb, Wi-Fi (GT - P6210). Have fun.

tmueller516

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks morami and dprand. Very simple, I installed Kies on my laptop, plugged in my 7.0+, followed the instructions and now have ICS 4.0.4! Thanks again!

mchan1

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Downloading something now through laptop and Kies...
Firmware upgrade GT-P6210 Ver.11.09.23.02.
Latest firmware version: PDA:LPC / CSC:LPC (XAR)

Yeah... new screen... Android 4.0.4 ICS!!

ICS update took less than 20 minutes! :D

Unfortunately it wiped clean the screens so I'll need to customize it again but that's OK since the OS has finally been updated!!!

Last edited:

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Now we just need some good ROM's to finally get rid of Samsung's crappy TouchWiz.

CM9 is close to being done, I think. Can't come soon enough.

jediliz

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new here! I downloaded my update, but haven't installed it (I Need to make sure all my stuff is safe first, moving movies to my 8 GB microsd card) . Is flash still usable with this update? Sometimes I visit sites that have flash (like sunday ads) when I am not using my PC) and I know that eventually flash won't be available for mobile devices. I also, since I read the apps get removed from the screens, need to take screen shots of what I have on each screen before I update. It said I would have to install the update if I "wish to continue using Samsung Media Hub".

(p.s.slightly off topic....Hulu Plus is still not available for Tab 7 inch plus, but IS for the tab 2!)

edit: my update wasn't for Android 4.0.....I still have 3.2...and when I check for uodates again, it says there aren't any. So, I tried installing Kies Air on my desktop and my tablet...and still nothing....HELP!

Last edited:

jediliz

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Kies for PC and stuff...but I think my issue is I have a WIFI only model...that may be why I have not gotten the update yet?

And there's this: SAMSUNG

WIFi only model doesn't have a link yet for ICS....?

jediliz

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I figured out I needed a different Kies program and upgraded. I got upset because I thought I lost a few videos I had taken with my video camera and my pictures...but luckily I found those...then I backed up most of my data. Now I have to customize ALL my screens...that will take forever...and for some reason it won't let me add a digital clock to my third screen (the one with the Internet browser link, etc) so this will take some getting used to. I may have to rearrange the whole thing.....at least I took screenshots earlier today.

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Did you install ICS?? Y/N ??
I have a Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi (P6210) and live in US and I did exactly as I said in my post.
Took less than 15 minutes.

spensergig

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I updated my tablet a few weeks ago, using the UK version.

It's been good, but I noticed that Kies kept saying that my device could not be updated that way.
I really wanted to get my system back into US mode, so I've been impatiently waiting.

Yesterday, I downloaded the XAR version. When Kies still sneered at me, I tried installing it using Odin 1.85 and my cable. !!Success!!

I didn't lose anything, Keis now likes my tablet again, and it all looks good.
Can't believe how easy this was, after all the fears and stories of bricking.

So --- where is the official Jelly Bean rom? :D:p:D

DaWeav

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Good to know that we can switch between different firmware like that via odin. I am then going to consider loading the UK version since I am having Bluetooth issues with one of my devices to see if it fixes it. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk

Gina143

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the new OS 4.04 ICS late on Thursday as I wanted to have a full charge before starting. On Friday morning the battery was down to 25%. I charged again yesterday and down to 70%. I closed all running apps, why is it draining the battery so fast? I didn't have that issue with 3.1. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

pamsegel

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Took me two days and three tries to get it to work. Finally recognized my tablet. In process now. Gonna be a great day.
Pam

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Massmore

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I have tried this repeatedly over the past few days. Kies freezes, usually in the first moment of the "Downloading Firmware Upgrade Components" task. A few times that download reaches 100%, but when the "Downloading File" task starts, only 1 or 2% arrives before I get a time out message.

I had two online chats with Samsung that were not very helpful. I reinstalled Kies. I re-downloaded and reinstalled Kies. I even (at the suggestion of Samsung) reset my Tab (then spent hours reconstructing my setup from the backup & still the Play Store lost some of my apps). Nothing has worked yet.

I am using a Windows 7 laptop with typical download speeds of 3 to 8 megs. I think there must be a bottleneck with Samsung servers. If so, I will just have to wait for demand to wane. Someday I will have ICS

Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Steve

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad