Can't View Videos requiring Flash after ICS Upgrade

klt813

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Since I upgraded to ICS, I can't view videos on websites that use Flash. I have the latest version of Flash on my tablet and most of the sites (ex. QVC) that have videos only require Flash 9. When I click on the video, instead of playing I get a blue question mark or what looks like a little blue lego. Before upgrading to ICS I didn't have this problem. Other vidoes (ex. YouTube) I have no problems with. Anyone else having this issue and if you do, do you know how to fix it? Thanks

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Its because flash doesn't support 4.0+ thanks to html 5 problem with me is all of my sites don't support it yet so I'm sol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

dracorosa81

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
As per the adobe flash page they will not support android after 4.0.x meaning 4.1 jellybean
I have ics and flash works just fine on mine
Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Since I upgraded to ICS, I can't view videos on websites that use Flash. I have the latest version of Flash on my tablet and most of the sites (ex. QVC) that have videos only require Flash 9. When I click on the video, instead of playing I get a blue question mark or what looks like a little blue lego. Before upgrading to ICS I didn't have this problem. Other vidoes (ex. YouTube) I have no problems with. Anyone else having this issue and if you do, do you know how to fix it? Thanks
If you're browsing with Chrome, that's the problem I believe. IIRC Chrome doesn't support Flash.

Stev0S

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ICS and flash is installed, no problem just go into the browser settings and select Advanced/ Enable Flash and plug-ins ....set it to always on
And you will have Flash :-$

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it may be disabled in your browser settings.

To those who commented saying it is not supported, that is not true. Flash Player 11 is supported up to and including Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.x). But once you bump up to Jelly Bean (4.1.x+) is when Flash is bounced.

JeanMarc2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
You may download Flash player from Adobe at this address : Archived Flash Player versions

At the bottom of the page you will find links for differents versions of Flash Player for Android 4.0.X.

I had the same problem with my wife's Galaxy tab 10 after upgrade to ICS and it works fine now.

jlub

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I try to view something that requires flash and it says it's not supported by my device ( galaxy 2 10.1 tab)

buggish429

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have samsung note 2 downloaded the apk app for flash player and still I cant run flash player I'm running 4.1 jelleybean is there a way around it?
also cant see the plugin on chrome in settings Is there such a thing on the phone in chrome

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have samsung note 2 downloaded the apk app for flash player and still I cant run flash player I'm running 4.1 jelleybean is there a way around it?
also cant see the plugin on chrome in settings Is there such a thing on the phone in chrome
As noted above, if your browsing with Chrome, Chrome doesn't support Flash.

isaac kelly

May 21, 2013
Visit site
purhased galaxy tab 2 2 weeks ago.was using firefox and enjoying flash, but now after update to 4.1.1......COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY AND TOO LATE TO RETURN.trying photon browser but pages freeze constantly.flash sort of works, but its not smooth at all and it costed me and$9.99......ANOTHER WASTE OF MONEY.went to flash archives and downloaded 10.1 and 11.1 but don understand how to open and run them. the icons just stare at me .probobly wont work anyway.....feeling cheated, can someone please help me out ? first tablet and no computer experience.thats why I joined this forum to hopefully learn something and one day help someone else out who gets screwed by big companies .thanks

thechad842

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
What ver. did you download and how did you install it? Are you using a rooted device? I can't get any flash to play on my galaxy S3 or my note 10.1 2014 edition any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma