How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped

student6000

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
There is one way i know to fix this problem without factory reset. It is to go settings ->application manger -> all-> and clear data on contact and contact storage in app manager. This will fix the problem.

But... Your data for contacts will be wiped away. So remember to BACKUP!

Raivis

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
When i go to settings/apps and try to open media storage i get an error "unfortunately settings has stopped" how can i fix this?

PunchezSniper

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

This worked for me.
Go to Settings - All Apps - Media Storage - Disable (if enabled) - Force Close - Enable.
If Enabled, then Disable - Force Close and Enable again.
Reboot Phone.
You should be good to go.
Hope it works for you too!

Ron Bartlett

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I just updated my Galaxy Not 3 and of course I also got that dreaded error message - "unfortunately, the process.android.media has stopped" so for the last 2 hours I have been searching the web for a fix. This is how I landed here. After reading nearly all of the Q/As I was getting ready to do the unthinkable "Factory Reset". Then I came across Student6000 answer... Well I'm here to say Thank You, Student6000 solution worked. I tried several other so called "Solutions" but none worked But Student6000 DID!!! So thank you very much.

Last edited:

SG2Tiger

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Just got this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Was furious, tearing my hair out, screaming, frantically searching for a means to fix it without a factory reset. student6000's solution saved the day, thanks so much!!

Roger Rister

May 8, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy Exhibit 2 is doing the same exact thing! Won't
let me factory reset, download or remove apps!
I have a Samsung Galaxy, the first one I believe which came out in 2012. My phone will not let me do a thing. I have done everything you could possibly imagine, factory reset, Settings --> Applications -->All--> Download Manager --> Clear Data/Cache. Not one thing worked. Help. :(

Mine will not Force Close. I have tried it several time. Any suggestions? Thank You.

This worked for me.
Go to Settings - All Apps - Media Storage - Disable (if enabled) - Force Close - Enable.
If Enabled, then Disable - Force Close and Enable again.
Reboot Phone.
You should be good to go.
Hope it works for you too!

Last edited by a moderator:

thecactusman

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Tom Little

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Tried everything on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooted. Including a factory reset and had the phone flashed at Sprint. re-rooted Still get this message after a restart ?

Husein Mwd

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
how to work?unfortunately,the process android.process.media has stopped.
Process refresh&cache clear could not be downloaded due to an error.(491)

cindy delgallo

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy note 3...step by step EASILY explained...this is what I did
!
1. Went to settings
2.Genera
3.Application Manager
4.ALL
5.Clicked the BOTTOM LEFT button on the phone itself
5.RESET APP PREFERENCES
Fixed

dogtrainermike

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
On my Galaxy S5 I followed Student 6000's advice. But on mine the difference was after going to ALL, I hit Reset app preferences. Then the message stopped. Thank you all!

Dave M2

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
There is one way i know to fix this problem without factory reset. It is to go settings ->application manger -> all-> and clear data on contact and contact storage in app manager. This will fix the problem.

Thank you so much!! @student6000

Crystal Spin

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped

Mine error was 'the process android.process.acore has stopped' -- and it started giving that error when I deleted Yahoo.mail app, so it seemed that Contacts MIGHT have had something to do with it...

I tried Student6000's solution in message #52, and it worked.
I adore you!!!:D

Last edited:

Shelbyb123

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I know this post is old, but I found the solution to this issue for anyone else who is experiencing it!

I ran into this issue when I logged out of my Gmail and again when an update happened to my Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337).

The error message was "Unfortunately the processandroid.process.acore has stopped working."

Clear the app cache and data:
From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
Touch Settings.
Touch Applications.
Touch Manage Applications.
Touch All.
Select the application that is having issues.

Note: For the following errors:
android.process.acore: Select Contacts storage.
android.process.mms: Select Messages.
com.google.process.gapps: Select Download Manager or Downloads (At the bottom of the list). Make sure the Downloads Manager is enabled. If it isn't, enable it before proceeding.
TWlauncher process com.sec.android.app: Select TWLauncher.
Touch Clear data and Clear cache if they are available. This resets the app as if it was new, and may delete personal data stored in the app.
If you turned off sync, return to Accounts & sync and turn it back on. If necessary, import any contacts you exported to the SD card.
Uninstall all third-party party task managers, battery saver, or apps that close programs. For information, see Manage Applications: Manage memory on Android.
Restart the device.
Open the app to test if the problem happens again.
If the problem recurs, uninstall the app (if possible).
Wipe the cache partition to clear system memory.
Note: To find steps for your device, search Support Community for: wipe cache [device name]

For more details, I got the following information from this website: Force close error or process stops unexpectedly... | T-Mobile Support

Hope this worked!

Eric O1

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
This worked on my Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T), with the exception that step #5 was tapping the menu key on the upper right hand corner of the screen and then selecting 'reset app preferences'.

lianjie

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

Do you mean phone contacts or just contacts from emails and social media? Thanx

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad