Download direct to SD Card

Medway

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Whilst downloading from BBC iPlayer and Sky Go I have been unable to download direct to SD card. I have accessed apps/settings and altered all directory's as ; /storage/extSdCard etc with no success. Has anybody any ideas how I can overcome this problem as device states that internal 8gb memory is full (32gb SdCard installed) . Even when BBC app has been moved onto Sd Card there is no change. Thanks.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
IIRC, when ones starts to download a file from their browser, a box opens in which one of the items is the "Download path". Opening the pull-down menu allows one to browse to a location other than the default one. Perhaps you can use this method.

Andre_Video

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Looking for a similar solution, but the info i have found to date appears to say although app moved to SD card it still downloads to internal storage. The explanation being it is the app itself that does this as material downloaded is automatically deleted after a given period. It if was downloaded on to an external card, you could remove the card and prevent deletion.
All I suppose we can do is move everything we can from the internal to external card to free as much space as possible for the iplayer to use!

iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/faqs_mobile_downloads
Quote from the above link:-
Can I download programmes and store them to an SD card?
No. Downloads are only able to download to internal storage. This follows Google developer guidelines for this type of media. Also, due to obligations to our rights holders, a downloaded programme can only be played on the device on which it was downloaded

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech