Occasional Battery Drain

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, just wondering if anyone else is seeing a similar behavior in their 7.7. In general I have had reasonable battery life, not really anything to write home about, but good. On a couple of occasions the battery has been tapped very quickly leaving the tablet warm to the touch. In each instance the battery usage report showed the main consumption as being "mobile data" and in each instance the tablet was joined to a wifi network. Today I went from ~75% battery to 22% in just a few hours. So far it doesn't look like it has actually consumed any cellular bandwidth. Anyone else?

thanks,
jay

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I've had mine for a few weeks and haven't experienced anything like that but I have had that happen on my Asus and phones. It's usually an application that locks up which the only fix is rebooting which has always resolved the problem. Did you download any new applications around the same time your problem started?

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to pin it to a single app. I thought I had at first but found out I was wrong at the second occurrence. Haven't had anything specific that looks like it ran away other than the "mobile data" application as listed by the battery consumption tool. I figure something else could be causing it...

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You could try using an app like system panel to help you find the application that's causing your issue if it is an app.

TPadden

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same thing ....... and what I've noticed. My battery usage is much higher than expected on Wifi than when using 3G but I have to manually shut down the Wifi radio otherwise both are drawing power. When I select Wifi, the mobile (3G) never powers down virtually doubling the power drain. Power drops fairly fast with 8 hours use on Wifi; turn it off and it changes drastically. It isn't the apps or widgets for me since the same ones are running in either situation.