Thoughts after two months

Marquzz

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
My wife recently bought a Galaxy Tab 7.7 and now after some hours of experience she has some questions:

1. When you turn off the sound it doesn't turn off everything, sounds on webpages still plays.

2. The screen unlock pattern is in the same place so it's easy to see it because of the grease the finger is leaving behind.

3. When you want to edit text in the web browser, for instance in a forum like this, and you put the marker where you want to start edit, the marker jumps 1 or more letters efter about one second. It's not a miss click, because you can see that the marker is in the correct place when you remove your finger, and then after about one seconde it jumps to another place. Extremely annoying.

4. Honeycomb does not utilise the screen size, it seems like it's made for a smaller phone with lesser resolution. Reminders and other notifications is easily missed. Text is also extremly small sometimes and even though you can read it, it's very hard to put the marker in the right spot, if you want to mark and copy a text for instance.

5. Reminders from the calendar is to discreet, it should be something that you have to turn off manually so you dont miss it.

6. Can you create a shortcut to a file on the startscreen/desktop?

7. The clock doesn't show when you make a call so you can't check the time

8. The screen locks itself quickly when you make a call, in like 10 s, even though you have set it on 5 mins. Very annoying when you want to check things on the pad during a call.

9. Adding a new phone number to a contact is very unlogical, and it takes alot of steps. Why not just have, "add phone number to contact" when you have marked the number??

10. You can't set the timer on an certain amount of hours and/or min, just a time?

11. I can't write ? and ? which is used sometimes in my language, the signs ? and ? just doesn't exist. But a ton of smiliys do...strange choice by Google/Samsung.... (yes, I have the local version of the OS)

12. Then it's the browser:
* You can't move tabs
* Tabs has to reload when you switch between them
* Very long procedure to add a bookmark
* You can't sort the bookmarks the way you want.

13. The music player can't do shuffle

This was just the most important things, then it's alot of other annoying things that doesn't work correctly and that are just illogical.

Overall it doesn't seem like a product that is ready for selling, If this was a computer OS it would've been called version 0.1 alfa.

If you have any tips or apps that solve the above listed things, please post here. My wife would be super happy.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
With so many complaints, I'd return it if it were me. Not trying to be 'flip', but why struggle with something that gives you so many headaches?

I'm quite happy with mine, but I don't use it like you do.

croq

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow! So many complaints....and that is just after some hours of experience with the device. You an Apple fan or something? Cos if you ain't then you must be the most ridiculously fastidious person on this planet.

Marquzz

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow! So many complaints....and that is just after some hours of experience with the device. You an Apple fan or something? Cos if you ain't then you must be the most ridiculously fastidious person on this planet.

The thing is what surprice me is that people are so happy with something that imo is far from ready (yes, Samsung made a great tablet, it's mostly Honeycomb that is crap). Compare it to a car; When you buy it you must first change brakes, wheel and chair, but you are still very happy...

It's just very strange that you start going with "ohhh apple fan ohh, how dare you come here and complain about our precious god", when someone point out faults and bugs. That is what's ridiculous...

I have high hopes for ICS, because the hardware from Samsung is very nice.

The clock doesn't show when you make a call? How are you making a call?

With the fullscreen phone app. I've seen screenshots of this from other users which shows the clock, but it does not show for me. Don't know why.

Edit: Just asked my wife now, and the bottom bar is now showing during a call. It did not do it before, I saw it myself. Another bug I guess....

Last edited: