HappyHowie

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes it will. I chatted with an official person on the Samsung Website and she said that the Verizon Galaxy Tab 7.7 is listed to be upgraded to ICS. She cannot confirm a date of when that will be released from Verizon.

Rdbwpb

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon ICS OTA rollout started yesterday. There seems to be a wide spread problem with the update failing. XDA developers are debugging the issue but at this point the vast majority of people reporting their experience are reporting failure.

The update seems to require build FD01b in order to update properly however before debugging the install nobody on xda had heard of or seen that version. The current version being shipped on new units is version FD01.

It looks like Verizon or Samsung needs to step in to fix the problem. Any bets on how long that takes?

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I gave up waiting and did it manually last month. I was in a Verizon store a few days ago and saw that the display 7.7 had an update notification. Tried to run it but it failed. Looks like it was the small update again. Did the OTA come in two pieces?

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
yes, there was a small update followed by ICS. I totally expected it to fail, but i was surprised to see it install with 0 problems. And so far, so good! Happy Holidays!

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Update: i had to do a factory data reset after i had battery drain issues, but all is good now. ICS is so much smoother.

Sent from my DROID DNA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463