Battery won't charge

keckstein

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi - new here, former iPad user. ;-) Got a 7.7 Galaxy given to me as a gift, brand new, but I don't know if it's covered under warranty (I'll have to ask). Battery was low last night so I left it plugged in while I slept to charge. Woke up this morning & it dropped from 15% to 7%. Turned it off & let it sit for about an hour. Turned it back on to check & it dropped to 0%. I have it plugged in now (turned off) and it says it's charging, but it said this before, too.

Question - I read in another part of this forum that the stock charger tends to overheat & could cause a short, making it not charge. Wondering if that's true & if so, where can I get an after market replacement charger?

I've only had this new Tab for about 5 days, so still learning the ropes. Usage is almost all screen, and I have a second related question... Somewhere when setting it up I saw an option for "Screen Always On" when Tab is plugged in. Now for the life of me I can't find that option to turn it off & wonder if this is why my battery is draining even when plugged in? Still doesn't explain the 7% to 0% drop when it was turned off & plugged in, tho.

Thanks for any help!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance