Galaxy 7.7 ICS Install won't complete

leesee

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a new Galaxy 7.7 tab on ebay. It came with 3.2, I've gotten 3 notices to upgrade to ICS but nothing downloads. It just reboots and everything is the same. Then when I check manually it says everything is up to date. It seems to try every few days to install the update and fails. Once it fails, it says no update available.

Any ideas?

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
This is normal with VZW, it has been going on for months now. It is probably why someone sold it on EBAY. It will from time to time download a 29.3 update and then will not complete the update and then a few days later it will download the update again and never complete the install of the update. VZW knows about this issue but does not do anything about it. VZW says they are updating the tablet to Android 4.04. You may have some luck as some have had by calling Samsung TS, I did not have a good experience with either VZW or Samsung. Good Luck YMMV

hkusp40cal

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are tired of the OTA. You can grab the official update from the net and use Odin to install it. I went through the same thing when the OTA first hit. There are some extra steps involved in getting it to work, but at least you get in ICS. Just google electron galaxy 7.7 to get the steps. Of course because it worked for me doesn't guarantee it will work for you, etc.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Worked well after I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was going to use this some weeks back but passed and I was just fed up with VZW today finally and did it and am glad now I did...

Last edited:

hkusp40cal

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
How long did you let it sit? If I remember it was a long flash through odin. Also you need to check out the steps as it requires you to be on a certain build level for it to work. Usually the build level that fails the OTA is the one that works.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
How long did you let it sit? If I remember it was a long flash through odin. Also you need to check out the steps as it requires you to be on a certain build level for it to work. Usually the build level that fails the OTA is the one that works.
See edit above

hkusp40cal

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Strange that it would try to update to a release candidate. I believe on the same thread on xda above there is a complete flash to LP11 but it has been a while since I have looked.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Strange that it would try to update to a release candidate. I believe on the same thread on xda above there is a complete flash to LP11 but it has been a while since I have looked.
They have the file with instruction but I have not had time to play with it, but will soon as the battery seems to go down fast. May this new release will help with that. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835