HDMI adapter for Samsung 7.7 Tab

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
At a local Fry's Electronics store, I bought a Samsung HDMI adapter for my Samsung 7.7 Tab. I tested this, and it works fine for mirroring Netflix movies (etc) from my Tab to my large screen television. Only problem is that it's the same annoying hassle of having to use 3 separate items to make HDMI connection work as with my Samsung Note 2 phone. In other words, in addition to the Samsung (30 pin?) HDMI adapter, you also need to plug in a full size HDMI cord from the television to the adapter, and worse, you need to also plug in the charging cable into the HDMI adapter as the adapter needs power to make things work. However, here's a tip that will make things slightly less of a hassle. For the charging cord plugged into the HDMI adapter, the other end of the charging cord doesn't need to be plugged into the wall outlet for electricity power. I used a couple different portable external battery packs for powering the HDMI adapter, and this method worked just fine. This means you don't have to find a freakin' AC wall outlet for power, just use a portable battery pack for plugging the charging cord into.

By the way, this same Samsung HDMI adapter with its 30 pin connection can NOT be used for my Samsung Note 2 phone. That's because my Samsung Note 2 phone uses the micro-USB outlet versus the 30 pin connection for the tablet. This also means I now have 2 separate Samsung HDMI adapters for my tablet and phone. I now have so many accessories for my Samsung phone and tablet that it's getting annoying to keep track of it all, haha! Conversely, my previous Motorola Razr Maxx phone simply required 1 item, which is the micro-USB HDMI cord, nothing else! Okay, okay, that's my rant for the day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77