[ROM][EF17] RandomROM OSPREY BETA 0.9.1 [Sprint][EXT4]

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

GINGERBREAD ROM

2.3.4 EF17 "Osprey" v.0.9.1 Official [Journaled]

Updated 1/8/2012
Updates, Important Notices, and General Information Posted Here!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I do not, nor will I ever, have a Sprint plan for my tablet. All testing on my end is performed in Airplane Mode, unactivated, on Wifi. I've made no adjustments to reception or signal performance and any signs to the contrary are arbitrary.

I maintain RandomROM as a distribution across multiple forums. As such, the bulk of the information, details, etc. is maintained on my personal site. Rest assured, the links below will take you to aforementioned site where you will find all of the information you require regularly updated on how to use this rom. No subscription required. Always free (donations appreciated, never required). All of my roms, mods, themes, guides, etc. can be found on this easy to navigate site as well as my blog for upcoming updates. As always, I will still answer questions here.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, divorce, bankruptcy, acne, etc. Please do some research if you are a first time flasher BEFORE flashing this rom. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me if something goes wrong with your device, I will laugh. By downloading, you agree to have read all pertinent information provided and to accept any and all responsibility subsequently.

Why Should I Use RandomROM?

This rom is a personal hobby of mine to maintain the greatest battery life that I can. I've scoured the forums searching for the newest and greatest tweaks, mods, etc. to include, and then carefully tested them all for battery performance. I've also made additional changes, developments, and additions all my own. As such, this rom has compiled the excellent work of many great developers into my own ideas and configurations. Contained within are many useful apps pre-installed as well as an effort to replicate my exact setup which has yielded me 0-1% battery loss per hour maximum when idle!

All included apps have been RandomKing-Approved to conform with the best battery usage. I'm always on the lookout for more tweaks, possible thematic changes, etc. There should be no issues, but should I happen to find one, I may simply release a patch or quietly switch out the upload version.

SCREENSHOTS

Coming Soon!

DOWNLOADS:
If you like my work, click the Thanks button or Donate a beer!

CHANGELOG:

• Bloatware mostly removed
  • EXT4 converted
  • Rooted kernel
  • Green theme
  • More to list
  • Beta

Want to make your own edits to your personal rom but don't know where to get started? Take a look at my personal kitchen that I use in cooperation with several free applications to develop RandomROM!

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Installation Steps

HOW TO USE:
  1. Get your tab ready to flash
  2. Download the rom
  3. Flash via your newly installed CWM
    • Power off and hold Volume up and Power buttons
    • (Optional) Wipe cache x3, wipe data x3, wipe dalvik cache x3
    • Select "Install zip from sd" and choose the latest .zip
  4. Reboot your tablet
  5. Spread the word

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
I do not, nor will I ever, have a Sprint plan for my tablet. All testing on my end is performed in Airplane Mode, unactivated, on Wifi.

FEATURES IN PROGRESS:
  • Advanced Power menu (i.e. reboot option)
  • Transparent pull down window
  • Further theme adjustments
  • CIQ Removal

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon