Text to Speech! Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I was attempting to help out a friend. We turned on text to speech in SETTINGS: Accessibility. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Piece of crap...it will NOT shut up. It says TAP THE ICON TWICE(you want) and hold....I have spent hours. I cannot turn it off, I cannot get to settings, I can't do sh** because no matter how many times I tap and hold---it just repeats it over & over again. Any ideas? I have tried everything.....I'm to the point where I just may have to buy another tablet. I'm going to shove this in a drawer and when the battery dies---she will shut the hell up!!! If you have any ideas....please. I googled it and this has happened 100+ threads but with PHONES not a tablet. Thanks:(

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
My issue is now I have SUSPEND TALKBACK yes or cancel---this is in a block in the middle of my screen. I have tapped twice at least 100 times on yes. I even tried cancel...just so the notice would go away and I could try your idea. It will NOT go away. I don't know how many times I need to tap YES---this is under warranty I might just send it back and they can fix it...because I am pretty sure this is not supposed to happen. UGH!!!!!

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
somehow I tapped again just now maybe the 150th time worked(LOL) it is NOW stopped TALKBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank God. Thank you for responding I appreciate the support!:-*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo