Google update kills my "Hey Google" command every time

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Auto update is ON I have to make sure it won't install a Google update. I have to choose ALL the other updates manually, omitting the Google one. I don't get why it's called 'auto update' all it does is find a list of apps to update AFTER you tell it to start.

If I forget myself and it installs a Google update, I have to disable it and remove it, then re-install the original version. Why you ask? Easy, when a Google update is installed it kills my ability to talk to the Google Assistant app or even just the 'hey Google" before the Assistant was installed, all went belly up when Google takes the update.

Why must I fight with this blessed thing each time there are updates? All the other apps on the device are up to date, its just the Google one that mucks things up without fail.

I'd like to have the Google Assistant work as well on the Tab A as it does on my A01 phone maybe that's not possible I don't know. But the constant watching of updates to make sure one from Google doesn't slip by is wearing me out! <sigh>

the tablet runs Android 8.1.0 fwiw.

Thanks to all and Happy Thanksgiving / Mask Day!

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
If you look up google app in play store uncheck auto update?

Already Unchecked but still shows up as an app that needs updating in the list of apps. So I can't just blindly tap on 'update all' or the blasted thing WILL update no matter what I do. I have to manually choose the apps I want to update from the list and ignore the Google one. Aside from what you suggest I don't know what to do with it. It's a pita for sure. Unchecking the box doesn't seem to help, in fact it was unchecked when I looked at it.

Thanks tho'

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Already Unchecked but still shows up as an app that needs updating in the list of apps. So I can't just blindly tap on 'update all' or the blasted thing WILL update no matter what I do. I have to manually choose the apps I want to update from the list and ignore the Google one. Aside from what you suggest I don't know what to do with it. It's a pita for sure. Unchecking the box doesn't seem to help, in fact it was unchecked when I looked at it.

Thanks tho'

Yeah thats the only way then by not hitting update all , it's a pain, I know:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza