Software Update - Cannot "Continue Update"

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Recent software update seemed to complete but now I have "Continue Update" under "Check for Updates" and it does not accept a touch to continue. I reset software to factory and this is still the case. Am I stuck? How can I force the update to continue? This is an AT&T compatible tablet. Thanks for any advice.

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
There is no "install". Just two buttons, Check for Updates and under it, Continue Update. Nothing happens when I hit Continue. Check for Updates checks and says there is nothing new. So, it could be I am updated, or it could be I am stuck in the middle. I have never seen the Continue Update option before.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There is no "install". Just two buttons, Check for Updates and under it, Continue Update. Nothing happens when I hit Continue. Check for Updates checks and says there is nothing new. So, it could be I am updated, or it could be I am stuck in the middle. I have never seen the Continue Update option before.
Ok so this page , on Att version it lets you check every so often manually that's a Att thing it won't keep checking like this Screenshot_20221127_180419_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20221127_180508_Software%20update.jpg

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok so this page , on Att version it lets you check every so often manually that's a Att thing it won't keep checking like this View attachment 350108View attachment 350109

Yes, I am at the page that allows me to check. There is no "install". Just two buttons, Check for Updates and under it, Continue Update. This is a Galaxy Tab A 8.4" SM-T307UZNAATT. And yes this was an update pushed over the air, not on wifi at the time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah 2 different things
OTA update will appear in status bar and alert to install

Checking manually in software page you would have to ingage

So if it came OTA it will ask to install and restart the device.
Checking manually if it doesn't show up means nothing came and Att allows you to check like once every day or little less

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I am at the page that allows me to check. There is no "install". Just two buttons, Check for Updates and under it, Continue Update. This is a Galaxy Tab A 8.4" SM-T307UZNAATT. And yes this was an update pushed over the air, not on wifi at the time.

So you started the update over your data connection through AT&T, and now you're on wi-fi and the update won't finish? It sounds like you have the option to update over wi-fi turned off.

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Here is the screen I am asking about. I can click "Check for Updates" but "Continue update" does not respond to a touch, whether Wifi is on or off.

Screenshot_20221128-115516_Software Update (002).jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1