Why does the internet icon open to the Samsung.com site cluttered with Samsung items?

A

AC Question

why does the internet icon open to the Samung.com site cluttered with samsung items

Whenever I open either the internet icon or the google chrome icon on my new Samsung Tab A I am immediately connected to the Samsung site that is cluttered with "suggested" Samsung apps or links. the actual place to write in a search item is practically hidden on the page. How can I remove the Samsung items since I have looked at them and do not want them?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: why does the internet icon open to the Samung.com site cluttered with samsung items

Welcome to the forums. You can either change the homepage in the browser settings to a different page, or you can load a different browser on your device.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: why does the internet icon open to the Samung.com site cluttered with samsung items

The browser app is pre-installed with your home page being set as the Samsung page. Just as must carrier phones usually ends up being set to the carriers Web site. For example, my old S4 and my new S6 on At&t all opened up to the At&t/Yahoo page.

You can change this in your browser settings to open to a specified Web page or a simple new tab page listing your recent and most used Web pages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol