How's the TAB A For Reading?

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about picking up a TAB A for a pure consumption device and reading with my Kindle App. I am heavily invested in the Amazon Ecosystem so I also considered a Fire HD 8 but don't care for the limitations of not having Google Play Store by default.

I noticed the Tab A has a lower resolution so was wondering how crisp and clear the text was on this device.

Thanks...

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I use the Kindle app on my Tab A and don't have any issues with reading or seeing text clearly.

AnIronButterfly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I also use the Tab A 8" for reading and chose it over a Kindle Fire for similar reasons, due to being in the Google ecosystem (I'm also in the Amazon ebook ecosystem, but want to use my Google Play store apps, like Feedly and other reading materials from there...) I find it user friendly and easy on the eyes.

Steven Houser1

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Kindle app and Moon Reader pro work well. Minimal pixelation seen with some textbooks with fine print.
I use it to read flipboard on a daily basis, ebooks, etc. Works well

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Great tips everyone...thanks so much...I have a worked issued iPad Mini but not that I'm stubborn or anything but I just don't care for iOS. Really considering the TAB A

jrisch

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I note that most of the answers are for the Tab A 8.0, but I use the Kindle app on a Tab A 9.7 and the text is still clear. I prefer that size for reading because you can get more information on the screen at once, particularly when I'm using it for reference. I have the font size turned to one above minimum and am using Kindle's Bookerly font.

I would suggest you try it in a store as this is quite subjective.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I note that most of the answers are for the Tab A 8.0, but I use the Kindle app on a Tab A 9.7 and the text is still clear. I prefer that size for reading because you can get more information on the screen at once, particularly when I'm using it for reference. I have the font size turned to one above minimum and am using Kindle's Bookerly font.

I would suggest you try it in a store as this is quite subjective.

Good idea...will go look...or just save some money and just suck it up and use the iPad Mini that I have (but don't use). :)

Sambellina

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I use the Kobo app for reading on the Tab A and have had no problems with reading other than reading in the sun; then I again, I just change the brightness setting and all is good. Love the size .. not to big for holding at long intervals. I would recommend the Tab A to anyone.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a TAB A...it is a little fuzzy for my eyes to read and screen resolution is weak when zooming into a photograph (compared, physically, to iPad 2 and Surface Pro 4)...and while it is nice to have a dedicated "reader", feels redundant compared with my Note 5. If I simply must have an android based reader, may pay a little more for the Tab S2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis