[SOLVED] Samsung Galaxy Tab A no stay awake when charging option - What now?

Fredo_p

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
[SOLVED]

I have the Galaxy Tab A 9.7 tablet. It's there. You need to enable Developer Options. Got to Settings>About Device. Tap on Build Number 7 times. Now when you go to Settings you'll see Developer Options (2nd from the bottom). Turn it on, choose OK. Now you can enable Stay awake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mother in-law got me a Tablet A 9.7 for Christmas but it took a while to get in. Finally got it in the mail. Spent the better part of last night playing with my first tablet ever. Very impress........until I found out one thing that bothered me.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 SM-T550 does not have the option to stay awake when charging. I figured that it must be operator error since I've never owned a Samsung product before. So, I went to Samsung support live chat and asked. They confirmed that there is no option for that.

I don't want to have to constantly change the screen display setting from 30 min to 30 sec every time I unplug. Is there a decent app that can actually help with keeping the device awake when plugged in?

Last edited:

Fredo_p

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why doesn't my Galaxy Tab A stay awake when charging?

The Stay Awake option is located in Developer options.
Unfortunately there is no option. I contacted support and they verified that the Tab a does not have that nor a stay awake option. I ended up installing the app Stay Alive. It's been working great ever since.

matseuph

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why doesn't my Galaxy Tab A stay awake when charging?

I have the Galaxy Tab A 9.7 tablet. It's there. You need to enable Developer Options. Got to Settings>About Device. Tap on Build Number 7 times. Now when you go to Settings you'll see Developer Options (2nd from the bottom). Turn it on, choose OK. Now you can enable Stay awake.

Fredo_p

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab A no stay awake when charging option - What now?

What the h3ll? Why didn't support know about this? Good god. Thank you. This helped out so much.

jpintn

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
There seems to be a lot that their support won't tell you. I was told twice that my Tab A 9.7 does not support OTG, even after 2 OTG Checkers confirmed that it did. I purchased an OTG cable and it works just fine with all of my flash drives.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87