I bought a Galaxy Tab A and I constantly get the pop-up / drop down notifications when I'm using my tablet. The big white bar that drops down is ugly and intrusive, yet I still get the small task bar notification on top, behind it, (which is what I'm used to and prefer). It makes no sense why I would get notifications in two different formats. **How do I disable the white, rectangular pop-up notifications?** Never had this problem on my old tabS and Note4.
    06-13-2016 12:57 PM
    I totally agree with you, I also hate 'heads up' notifications. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn them off easily in Marshmallow (but at least there's a way) or even any settings at all in Lollipop (where they were introduced). Since I'm not sure which version of the OS your tablet has, I'll tell you both options.

1) Marshmallow. While you CAN disable these ugly notifications in the settings, they didn't include a 'general' kill switch, so you have to do this on a per-app basis. Yup. It sucks. You have to go into your settings, Notifications, Advanced, and turn off 'Previews in pop-ups' option for every single app you wish to disable this for.

2) Lollipop. No way to disable them in the settings, but at least there is an underlying 'global kill switch' that 3rd party apps (I've used HeadsOff in the past and it does work) can access. These apps, however, won't work in Marshmallow, since that OS version got rid of the global switch.
    06-13-2016 01:09 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I have Lollipop 5.0.2 and I've tried the Heads-Off app as my first go-to but it doesn't work on my tablet at all. Still get those damn drop-down notifications. Thought if I bought the upgraded version that might work. This totally screws with my user experience. Im close to returning my tablet. Very frustrated here.
    06-13-2016 01:27 PM
    It should work, it does on mine (tab S, same OS version). Make sure that HeadsOff is properly set up to block pop ups, is running (I think there was a 'Samsung' bug that kept it from loading at boot so you had to start it manually after every reboot, but I think they squashed that bug a few versions ago). Most importantly, make sure that Heads Off has notification access in the Accessibility settings of your device.
    06-13-2016 02:54 PM