Tablet Touch Screen Not Working

jlabruno27

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello 8 am everything is fine. By 10 am yesterday my touch screen stopped working. I have tried the whole hold down volume and power to restart no fix. SOmeone said you need a hard restart but cant not find anywhere how to do that. I tried the whole volume down, power, and home button. All that does is offers me to download a new os system which I have no idea what that means. Can anyone tell me how to hard reset the thing or power it over without being able to use the touch screen so I can either try and fix or take apart and try to see if something came loose?

BerryClever

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Holding down the power button while it is on will allow for you to turn it off or restart (you should choose to turn it off and then power it back on with the power button). You can use smart switch (google it and download from Samsung's website)on your pc or mac to install a new os update or to try to see if the "emergency software recovery" or if "software update and initialization" helps.

jlabruno27

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Holding down the power button while it is on will allow for you to turn it off or restart (you should choose to turn it off and then power it back on with the power button). You can use smart switch (google it and download from Samsung's website)on your pc or mac to install a new os update or to try to see if the "emergency software recovery" or if "software update and initialization" helps.

In order to turn it over I need to be able to select it on the screen. The screen does not react to my touch so I cant.

BerryClever

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
What do you mean by the phrase "turn it over"? Using Samsung Smart Switch (not the Android app, but rather the PC or Mac software) should allow you to reinstall/ update through your computer without needing to touch your tablet. Maybe worth giving that a try.

jlabruno27

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
What do you mean by the phrase "turn it over"? Using Samsung Smart Switch (not the Android app, but rather the PC or Mac software) should allow you to reinstall/ update through your computer without needing to touch your tablet. Maybe worth giving that a try.

Sorry I meant turn it off. when you hold down the power button it pops up on the screen to power off or restart. But I cant hit either. AS for the smart switch how do I get it from the pc to the tablet? Even though I cant turn it off

BerryClever

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Oh, forgot about the on screen options to turn off or reset. Sorry.

As for Smart Switch. Go to https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ung.com%2Fus%2Fsmart-switch%2F&token=2VQtv77K and scroll to close to the bottom. Download it for Mac or PC, whichever one you have. Install it and open it.

Connect your tablet to your computer with the USB cable that came with your Tab A (though any USB cable is fine, Samsung always recommends their supplied cable).

Look for "Emergency software recovery and initialization". It might be under the file drop down in the menubar of a Mac or under "more +" button on the program itself if it is a windows PC.

Once you select that, Choose the initialization option first. The rest is prompts and an automated progress bar.

Samsung's website also has support. If you go there you can do a live chat if you rather not be hassled with phone support (I personally hate phone support).