Are different S-pens compatible with Samsung Tab A w/s-pen?

Jessica Miller4

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I misplaced my included s-pen for my TabA and replacements on amazon are 1) horrendously expensive and 2) are shipping from china and taking weeks to arrive. I need one in a few days (I use my tablet for my job). I see that a lot of Samsung devices use the S-pen and I was wondering if those would be compatible. i don't care if it doesn't fit into the slot, just if it work on the screen and with S-note.

TIA

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I misplaced my included s-pen for my TabA and replacements on amazon are 1) horrendously expensive and 2) are shipping from china and taking weeks to arrive. I need one in a few days (I use my tablet for my job). I see that a lot of Samsung devices use the S-pen and I was wondering if those would be compatible. i don't care if it doesn't fit into the slot, just if it work on the screen and with S-note.

TIA

I believe if it's an S-pen compatible device, any S-pen will do. Keep in mind that some pens offer different functionality, but they should all do handwriting.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Also important to consider that the S Pen from a different model may not properly fit back into your device. If you use many of the S Pen features, I'd recommend finding a replacement specific to your model. For example, the S Pen in the Note 7 is a different size and shape than the S Pen for the Note 4.

If all you use the S Pen for is as a stylus, then you're probably better off just buying a very simple stylus for like $5.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
This is probably too late for the OP, but for the record, S-pens are not interchangeable. I have the Note 8 (NT 5100) and Tab A (SMP 355) and the pen from the 8 doesn't work on the A.

EpicPuzzle

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
My experience is most S pen are interchangeable.
Note2, 3, 4, 5, Tab A are all interchangeable.
They may have difference in pressure level (but at least 1024), and the side button should work too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon