Samsung Galaxy Root Problem

bob42444

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I'm hoping someone has a generic fix they can recommend.* I attempted to root my Tab A (T350) (6.0.1), downloaded the appropriate rooting software (https://download.chainfire.eu/859/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-gt58wifi-gt58wifixx-smt350.zip and http://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/#.WBjUQfR7Xk8)
and ran it (Odin showed PASS in .05 seconds), my Tab A started to reboot as it was supposed to, but now the screen is stuck showing a "Samsung Galaxy Tab A" banner in the middle of the screen, at the bottom shows a "Powered by Android" banner, and at the top, it says "Recovery is not standard enforcing" (in red), and "Set Warranty Bit : recovery" (in yellow).* I've tried pressing the power, volume down, and home buttons, the screen goes blank, then I press Power, volume up and home buttons, but it just comes back to the same screen mentioned above. I then opened the tablet and disconnected the battery to completely power it down, tried again, but the same screen above displays. Any thoughts on how to proceed or is it a goner? Thanks for any assistance, Bob

bob42444

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I solved this via another forum, here is the final post: SUCCESS, the Galaxy appears to be back to normal. The battery is at 2% so I'm letting it charge. Apparently it doesn't charge when it is locked up like it was. So to recap what I did for anyone with a similar problem: I tried to root, something went wrong, the device was frozen. As per ArykTECH instruction link above, I pressed Power and Volume Down, then when the screen blanked, I pressed Power, Volume Down, and Home. This got the device to Download mode. Then, following ArykTECH instruction link again, alonG with help from [TWRP] How to Install TWRP Using Odin on Any Samsung Phone (this is where I loaded the latest Odin and TWRP recovery software), I ran Odin, plugged in the Galaxy, it was recognized, associated the appropriate TWRP software to Odin, pressed start, and in less than a minute the Galaxy is back to normal.

MY THANKS TO ArykTECH, jFALLS63, AND ALL THAT LENDED INPUT. I THOUGHT THAT I HAD A BRICK, BUT YOUR ASSISTANCE SAVED THE DAY. MUCH APPRECIATED!!! BOB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams