How to I mirror my tab a 8 to a tv?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You would need what's called a MHL Adapter.
Go to this page, and look up your specific model number, it will tell you if it's compatible with MHL and if there are any further requirements for it to work.
MHL® – Devices

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi new to android. How or can I even mirror my tab 8 to a tv via hdmi?

You have a few options, one of which was mentioned earlier.

1) Chromecast, $35 plugs into your HDMI on your TV.

2) use a Samsung Smart TV. Then screen mirroring is more native.

3) HDMI to Micro-USB cable. This is less than ideal (but does work) since your tablet needs to be within so many feet and plugged in.

Hope this helps. I use a tab a myself with a chromecast at home and a smart TV at work. Ive never used HMDI to Micro USB but ive heard it works quite well.

Shockfrost

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
HDMI isn't a great idea for the Tab A, since these cords limit the distance you can sit from the television screen. If your TV is a Smart TV, then you can go into the TV's Screen Mirror channel, then on your tablet go to the pulldown list and tap "Quick Connect". Used to be Screen Mirror, but it's Quick Connect now; from there it should be straight-forward.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
How is the result different from Chromecast and Samsung's native Smart TV?
Which one is better? (Interface/user-friendly,etc.?)

I find screen mirror quicker to use. For some reason though I get a lag between what is on my tablet and the TV.

I usually am watching hockey games and the lag is very evident. I never leave my chromecast plugged in so that makes it a slower process to hook up.

Global2

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Can you use Chromecast without wifi? I have a Tab A 10.1 and the dongle not working. I have a Chromecast device, but not wifi nor home router.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
As far as I know, chromecast requires connection to a network.

If you have no internet, you could try turning your phone into a mobile hotspot and connecting chromecast to that. Never tried it though, so I don't know if that works. And depending what you're doing, this could result in data usage.

Mark Nelson7

May 31, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I just bought a Galaxy TAB A MS-T290 and when I swipe down top of screen ‘QUICK CONNECT’ tab is not there. I want this mirroring feature as I have a brand new Samsung Q60 Smart TV. Both are on the same WIFI, but I cannot screen mirror at all. I also tried to download SmartThings app and it says that it’s not compatible to this device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel