Samsung Sm-T580 won't turn on after accidentally hitting the carpet

ZeRemix

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
So I was using my Samsung Tab A 10.1 and I dropped on my carpet. All of a sudden it just blacked out and I tried turning it on and. When I turned it on it was in some sort of trance where it was all drifty. I shut it off again and it wouldn't turn back on. Please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! A connection might have been jarred loose. If you're handy, you could see if there are any YouTube videos showing how to open up the back and check screen and power connections. Otherwise, bring it to a repair shop.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
There are different between a not turning on and turning on but no display.
No display, your tablet will have some sound in the background when starting up or the back and menu will light up when press the HOME button.
In this case, the LCD cable probably get loose as it's a plugin to connector on mainboard. You just need to pop it up and plug it in again.
In this video, the LCD cable ( orange ) is on the left side of the battery. Don't use the metal tool as this guy as most inexperienced users will damage the LCD frame and the tablet should be OFF when doing disassembly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiQtIv4ljAM

If you have a HDMI adapter, connect your tablet to a TV via HDMI cable, it will show the display if your tablet is ON ( have sound but no display ).

Last edited:

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
So I was using my Samsung Tab A 10.1 and I dropped on my carpet. All of a sudden it just blacked out and I tried turning it on and. When I turned it on it was in some sort of trance where it was all drifty. I shut it off again and it wouldn't turn back on. Please help

This is a common problem of SM-T580, the connector very weaky secures the lcd cable. Just reseat the lcd cable and secure it with tape to prevent loose connection.
Test by plug in your charger, you should see the battery icon if you did correctly

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
This is a common problem of SM-T580, the connector very weaky secures the lcd cable. Just reseat the lcd cable and secure it with tape to prevent loose connection.
Test by plug in your charger, you should see the battery icon if you did correctly

Unfortunately all of the disassembly vids are for tabs other than the sm-t580/585 (the 580 apparently has a lot of 585 parts inside...and more screws than my laptop!)

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
You don't touch any screw, just remove the back cover, then reseat the LCD cable. Actually Samsung tablets are very simple with few screws.
This one has a similar way to remove the back cover as the SM-T580

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjjiMr7Kr4

The LCD cable is the black one, located along the center of the battery.To avoid a short, battery cable should be disconnected first.
You just need to lift up the locking tab at the top of LCD connector, be careful as it's very fragile, then push the cable all the way in , press down the locking tab and secure it with tape. A simple fix for many Samsung tablets which suddenly have a black screen but having sounds in the back ground.

Without tapes, this LCD cable can get loose easily, even without a drop.

lcd cable.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC