I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. For reasons I cannot determine, the internal storage is almost full.
    I have very few music files or pictures saved to the internal storage yet, if I connect it to my PC and look at the 'Properties' of the Tablet, it says that 10.9GB has been used and there is only 392 MB free. If I look at the properties of the individual folders listed, I doubt that there would be more than 1 GB in total showing as used.
    I get (but don't like) that apparantly around 5GB of the advertised 16GB Internal Storage is used by the system, but that doesn't explain why the rest of the Internal storage is full.
    I did once download 2 movies from Google Play movies, but these have since been deleted and settings changed so that future downloads will go to the SD Card.
    I suspect the culprit may be my 'Trend Micro' Mobile security, but I cannot prove that.
    3rd party apps to analise drives have not helped.
    I now cannot even process app updates because there is not enough space to do so.
    Help please!!!
    03-14-2017 02:06 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Galaxy A5 forum to the Galaxy Tab A forum.

Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Storage menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    03-14-2017 03:06 PM
    I have exact issue on my Tab A. As well as Netflix/Vudu etc downloading to SD are reported as internal storage in the Android settings. When looking at the Netflix settings, it shows 1.6GB on the SD card and 2.7kb internal. In the Android storage settings under Netflix, it shows 1.65 as internal storage. If I unmount the SD card, the storage for Netflix drops to 96 MB. My overall total storage increases..

This would make sense if the tablet behaved as the User manual describes, showing a grand total with an SD card. But mine shows as a Max 16gb with a Portable storage section of 32gb.

Very frustrating.
    03-27-2017 09:02 PM