Tablet stopped seeing WiFi

vit rosenbaum

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have a problem with my tablet Samsung Galaxy tab A (model SM-550). Few days ago it stopped seeing my home WiFi, previously it had no problem seeing it for several weeks.

The tablet sees other WiFi networks in the area, just not mine. Other devices (phones, laptop) have no problem seeing and connecting to the network.

I have already tried restarting both the tablet and router with no result. Entering manually the WiFi name and password through the 'Add network' option doesn't help either.

There was no software update done right before this problem emerged, as well as no recently installed apps that could've caused it.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a problem with my tablet Samsung Galaxy tab A (model SM-550). Few days ago it stopped seeing my home WiFi, previously it had no problem seeing it for several weeks.

The tablet sees other WiFi networks in the area, just not mine. Other devices (phones, laptop) have no problem seeing and connecting to the network.

I have already tried restarting both the tablet and router with no result. Entering manually the WiFi name and password through the 'Add network' option doesn't help either.

There was no software update done right before this problem emerged, as well as no recently installed apps that could've caused it.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

If it works on other WIFI networks. Then this is not a TAB issue it's a router issue for sure.

Unplugging JUST your router may not resolve this issue. Unless it's a modem router combo.
Here's what I suggest.

1. Forget your network in your phone.
2. Shut your phone off.
3. Unplug your modem and router
4. Plug in JUST your modem. Wait until you get a solid ONLINE or CABLE light.
5. Then and only then plug your router back in and wait 30 seconds.
6. Start your phone up. And go into WIFI. See if it detects your network now.

If not. Is your router provided by your Internet provide? If it's a modem router combo we would know that is the case as well. Which means THEY may have done a firmware update without your knowledge. Causing the issue. So if it is a modem router combo or provided by your Internet Provider, call them.

If it is your own personal router, then I would suggest doing a firmware upgrade, if there is no new firmware re flash the current firmware. Or factor reset it.

Let me know if that helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm