I had this Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 with S-pen for 16 months. I never charged it while it's on but turned it off and plugged it until fully charge. But today, that tablet has suddenly stopped charged but now I have some charge left before the battery dies reaching to 0%.

This morning, I thought my tablet was funny changed. Haven't pressed the power button until 1pm Central. I thought I forgot to check and see if it's plugged or now. When I plugged it, it said 0% until nearly 20% when I decide to leave it on while it's charged. And later on, I turned it off again and give it some charge until 100% and then, it suddenly stopped charging, stopping at 45% and and the tablet turned on for no reason. I turned it off and leave it changed and then, it completely stopped changing.

I don't know what was wrong with my tablet and I am really worried and I may lose my files. I really need help to make this tablet get back into charging. Is there any way to fix this without taking the back part off?

Here are things that I tried but didn't worked.

-Changed cord adapters.
    -Plugging it into any decives such as a computer.

Please help me fix my tablet.

Thank you.
    07-01-2017 07:02 PM
    Are you only plugging the tablet into a computer's USB port to charge, or are you using a wall outlet? Make sure you're using a wall outlet, and let it charge undisturbed overnight.

Also, check the microUSB port to make sure it's clear of any debris. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out, or a toothpick to scrape it out.
    07-02-2017 06:19 AM
    Are you only plugging the tablet into a computer's USB port to charge, or are you using a wall outlet? Make sure you're using a wall outlet, and let it charge undisturbed overnight.

Also, check the microUSB port to make sure it's clear of any debris. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out, or a toothpick to scrape it out.
    I'm using the wall outlet as always.
    07-02-2017 09:49 AM
    Try this tool as it will eliminate guessing
    USB Power Charger Current Voltage Detector Tester Monitor Meter for Phone Tablet | eBay
    With the known working USB cable and adapter, you should get at least 1.5 Amp.
    If your charging current is under 1 Amp with alternate cable and charger, the USB sub PCB must be replaced.
    It's a simple replacement. This is the USB sub PCB after removing the rear cover and two speakers

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=-4Wf4rQm

My Tab A 9.7 (SM-P550) suddenly stopped charging (HELP!)-usb-sub.jpg

Don't confuse between not charging and black screen. When charging , the battery icon should show up if pressing the HOME button. Dead screen will show nothing but you can verify the charging status by the tool I mention above.

Don't ever use a computer's USB port for charging, its max current is only 0.8 Amp like this

My Tab A 9.7 (SM-P550) suddenly stopped charging (HELP!)-computer.jpg
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-02-2017 12:59 PM